Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't motorbicycle but a few days ago there were some gang members in a car park and when they took off it sounded and smelled like a bunch of really loud lawn mowers. It was pretty funny to watch a stubby little man try to push his big Harley backwards at speed, he looked so pathetic.
Gang or t-shirt club?

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
So that happened. Now wife is ready to attack those forest service roads with reckless abandon. Or more likely with sensible caution.

IMG-2174.jpg

As soon as the Harley is sold I'mma start looking for something appropriate for my wookieeness.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
She has progressed slowly over the years and on a good day can make it up some incredibly steep and technical trails. The good days aren’t very often but that don’t matter!

D0A3CD0A-C43D-45BF-A17E-633FF41175FC.jpeg

This was probably her proudest moment of her moto career!
C7BB170E-12BD-43D8-8061-3018C46CBFE3.jpeg

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
For as much fun as the little TW200 is to dork around on, I finally found something a bit better suited to my squatchy stature. I can actually sit on it without having my knees up around my ears. First task is to swap out the street tires with dirt tires. Hoping to go terrorize some forest roads this weekend with Atomic Wife.

DRZ.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
No a lot of views like that where I ride, but it's also deep in the woods. Bend has some views, I think. I'm too busy riding to look.

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
I hear ya on being busy looking ahead and scanning the trail. A lot of our trails have these kinds of things and whatnot and usually I just frikkin forget to snap a shot. This one was kinda special....see that beach on the other side? You're right though and I probably shoulda made my way over for a dip. It's about 8.5k so it woulda been refreshing

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Been putzing around the city on a Revel here and there. Kinda got me thinking about an electric moto if I ever have to get back any real sort of job commute between backwoods Brooklyn and NYC.

Anyway, going down the youtube rabbit hole, found this vid on the demise of RM's e-moto darling. Kind of a harsh but accurate (?) assessment of what went wrong for them.

Maybe nips for me for a re-post, I didn't look that far back in this thread.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Been putzing around the city on a Revel here and there. Kinda got me thinking about an electric moto if I ever have to get back any real sort of job commute between backwoods Brooklyn and NYC.

Anyway, going down the youtube rabbit hole, found this vid on the demise of RM's e-moto darling. Kind of a harsh but accurate (?) assessment of what went wrong for them.

Maybe nips for me for a re-post, I didn't look that far back in this thread.

Yeah, that story about Alta is heartbreaking. The Varg is looking legit, there are a couple others that might come around. The Stark Varg is shipping in March.

I had a deposit on one until they weren't street legal. I need a homologation version. The Alta is the benchmark.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
Yeah, that story about Alta is heartbreaking. The Varg is looking legit, there are a couple others that might come around. The Stark Varg is shipping in March.

I had a deposit on one until they weren't street legal. I need a homologation version. The Alta is the benchmark.

https://www.dirtlegal.com/blog/how-to-make-your-dirt-bike-street-legal

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
240hp. :twitch:

My R1 was 172 at the wheel and that was about 50 more than I eve really needed.

That is just a pointless spec number designed for headlines. I bet that even with a pro on a track with race slicks the computer is significantly retarding power 99.9999% of the time.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
She has progressed slowly over the years and on a good day can make it up some incredibly steep and technical trails. The good days aren’t very often but that don’t matter!

View attachment 180925

This was probably her proudest moment of her moto career!
View attachment 180926
You Lucky Dog,look’s like Heaven. I do not have any experience on Moto’s but one question I have is this.

How do you fix a Flat way out in the cut? Mabye even two Flats? What do you carry for these matters?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Plugs for the tubeless setups or simple tube swaps for the rest that aren't running bibs
What about air? What is the PSI? Tire wrenches? You have to take the thorn or whatever out of the tire?
How much weight are we talkin to carry in a bag for a flat?

Avy

gonefirefightin

free wieners
What about air? What is the PSI? Tire wrenches? You have to take the thorn or whatever out of the tire?
How much weight are we talkin to carry in a bag for a flat?

Avy
On my adventure bikes, I have very small 12-volt compressors that fit in the palm of your hand and a plug kit for the tubeless fixes. For the dirt bikes, I carry a rear HD tube that can also be used in the front and will inflate with large CO2 canisters meant for moto pressures. A typical tool kit for the motos will have a couple of axle wrenches with tire spoons on the end of them.

Last year i went to bibs on my smaller motos and havent went back

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
On my adventure bikes, I have very small 12-volt compressors that fit in the palm of your hand and a plug kit for the tubeless fixes. For the dirt bikes, I carry a rear HD tube that can also be used in the front and will inflate with large CO2 canisters meant for moto pressures. A typical tool kit for the motos will have a couple of axle wrenches with tire spoons on the end of them.

Last year i went to bibs on my smaller motos and havent went back
Thanks,I just do not see any bags on the rear of bike or packs in most pictures? I see rack’s,but nothin on them. I see chest protector’s and a camelback. Is it a one time shot with C02’s like a Bike?

Avy

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Thanks,I just do not see any bags on the rear of bike or packs in most pictures? I see rack’s,but nothin on them. I see chest protector’s and a camelback. Is it a one time shot with C02’s like a Bike?

Avy
I think we all had mouses or Tubliss that day and had minimal tools on the bikes or in jacket pockets. That is behind our house so we aren’t so far that a flat would be a big problem.

We have bib mouses in most of the wheels now so you can’t get a flat. Some others have Tubliss and you can ride home slowly on a flat pretty easily. We have tools strapped to our bikes and tubes in pockets or backpacks and use a bike pump and tire irons. It’s the same as riding an Mtb.

There’s all kinds of different mouses now. This is one of the stranger designs. It‘s supposed to work like a lower pressure tube without flats. It’s not great but I don’t mind it with a sticky tire. They are all compromises for durability.
1666061988166.jpeg