Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

So it seems the Rieju isn't due out until '24. Then this popped up and I don't know what to think. It's the Surron Storm Bee for $2k?

Screenshot_20221229-100238.png

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I really like the Royal enfield classic 350. Well I like the way it looks. Not sure how I feel about it being made in India, which might be better than if it was made in England as the name made me originally think of. The roxor which of course isn’t a moto but looks rad. I think there is one locally but I haven’t gotten a close up look.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I really like the Royal enfield classic 350. Well I like the way it looks. Not sure how I feel about it being made in India, which might be better than if it was made in England as the name made me originally think of. The roxor which of course isn’t a moto but looks rad. I think there is one locally but I haven’t gotten a close up look.
A buddy got one and I thought it looked cool, but was crazy underpowered, at least for my big ass.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Call Me For All Your Royal Enfield Reality Checks.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
how's that yzf treatin ya?
It's trying to kill me. :rofl:

Seriously, it's so fast. Regearing and map helped a lot, but it's still so much bike. I could have gotten away with the 250 for what I'm doing with it. That's why the emoto is so interesting.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

Seriously, it's so fast. Regearing and map helped a lot, but it's still so much bike. I could have gotten away with the 250 for what I'm doing with it. That's why the emoto is so interesting.
It’s probably very heavy too. Get a ride on a Freeride or a 300 2 stroke to see what less weight feels like. They have less engine braking and freewheel nicer too. It might bridge the gap between the TW and the YZF.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It’s probably very heavy too. Get a ride on a Freeride or a 300 2 stroke to see what less weight feels like. They have less engine braking and freewheel nicer too. It might bridge the gap between the TW and the YZF.
It doesn't feel heavy compared to my '06 WR450 was, but it's WAY twitchier and you gotta be easy on the gas. I learned throttle control with my deathtrap R1. But it doesn't take much in pretty much any gear to pull the front up.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
It doesn't feel heavy compared to my '06 WR450 was, but it's WAY twitchier and you gotta be easy on the gas. I learned throttle control with my deathtrap R1. But it doesn't take much in pretty much any gear to pull the front up.
Totally but a KTM 300 2t has plenty of power and is much lighter. The gyroscopic forces on a 4 stroke make it much heavier feeling than a 2 stroke. A 300 has plenty of torque too. Just a thought if the 450 is trying to kill you.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Totally but a KTM 300 2t has plenty of power and is much lighter. The gyroscopic forces on a 4 stroke make it much heavier feeling than a 2 stroke. A 300 has plenty of torque too. Just a thought if the 450 is trying to kill you.
As much fun as a 2 stroke is, I think an emoto is more appropriate. The freeride is certainly an option, but it's also the most expensive option. Thanks KTM.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

*sigh*

yz250fx is probably your next search ;)

You can pretty much always fix what breaks on an ICE dirtbike. Might be a while before you can say that about the electric proprietary stuff.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
show me an example of this somewhere

I'm kind of fascinated people could be that dumb
264A50B1-7FDC-4F0B-A854-E76AB80E3DA8.jpeg

This the first one I found in 5 seconds. This is on the Honda sxs forum, person is referring to a pioneer 500 sxs.

I’m thinking this is right in the name “side by side”. Like wtf does that even mean. Could call a couch the same thing. But there is nothing side by side about motorcycles. Sxs’s arnt exactly cyclecars. So I don’t know wtf to call it, dune buggy, dirt car, I end up calling it the “talon” most of the time.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
View attachment 187028

This the first one I found in 5 seconds. This is on the Honda sxs forum, person is referring to a pioneer 500 sxs.

I’m thinking this is right in the name “side by side”. Like wtf does that even mean. Could call a couch the same thing. But there is nothing side by side about motorcycles. Sxs’s arnt exactly cyclecars. So I don’t know wtf to call it, dune buggy, dirt car, I end up calling it the “talon” most of the time.
also called 'UTVs', utility vehicles

these idiots are using a term derived from the bi in bicycle, as in 'two'

that's a new one for me....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
*sigh*

yz250fx is probably your next search ;)

You can pretty much always fix what breaks on an ICE dirtbike. Might be a while before you can say that about the electric proprietary stuff.
If it was just me or me chasing GFF through the woods, this bike would be fine. The issue is I am puttering in 2nd gear with the wife. Occasionally I get to rip it through a few gears, but it's like 20% of my ride time.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If it was just me or me chasing GFF through the woods, this bike would be fine. The issue is I am puttering in 2nd gear with the wife. Occasionally I get to rip it through a few gears, but it's like 20% of my ride time.
You need moar boyfriends

or

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm waiting on a quote. There is a shop online that offers the kit for about $2800 or some shit. This is listed for $700 so I'm waiting for a shipping quote.

Last edited:

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
you guys need to go start a tricycle thread. This is the motorcycle thread.

(no I'm not going to admit that 'motorcycle' has no implication of two wheels in the name, harumph!)
Can snowmobiles be in the trike thread?