Quantcast

Motorcycle Thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you guys need to go start a tricycle thread. This is the motorcycle thread.

(no I'm not going to admit that 'motorcycle' has no implication of two wheels in the name, harumph!)
The trike is a no go. I can't justify a $2800 trike kit any more than I can justify a $3k snow bike kit. As fun as it would be, my NFT money hasn't come in yet.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
GasGas now makes ebikes, crazy.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
GasGas now makes ebikes, crazy.

KTM (the same company) was already making them. So like their dirtbikes these are probably just the same things with different paint.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
KTM (the same company) was already making them. So like their dirtbikes these are probably just the same things with different paint.
The multi rebranding is pretty disappointing. KTM has basically bought out everyone outside of Japan and just use the color scheme to rebrand everything.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I didn't know that.

looks like 2005-2010

From what I know of that period in KTM history, sounds like that was the only part worth a damn on them at least. And that beta non-trials bikes were worthless with everything else :D
My first experience with Beta was 2007. Beaverton Motorcycle has been a Beta dealer since about '06.

My first bike was a Husaberg FC400 I got off eBay for $1200 in '02. There was a lot to love about that bike, but there was some hate, too. The $60 clutch cable was a sore spot. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is pretty funny. With all the electric nannies required to make such a powerful bike ride-able I wonder how much power it is ever allowed to make short of on a dyno. Just spec sheet BS IMO.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Beta's new eBike is gonna be called the Cuck. They'll have Steve Bannon as spokesperson.

hella edgy and ironic.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I loved my f650gs. Rode it for almost a decade after I got hit on the scooter. Great commuter, but big enough for multi-state trips and enough low end torque to get into places in the dirt I had no business being in. Finally sold it after sitting at a light one day and realizing every single person I could see was fucking around on their phones. As much as I miss riding motorcycles, I just can not imagine riding on the streets again, not while I have a kid and a wife.

younger brother is looking into one of those...

and a van to haul it down to nc in july

he has the month off from rei....paid...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My uncles have always had bikes like these. Always enjoyed them. Didn't really ever entertain anything else but were aware of them.
vietnam turned my favorite uncle into a chopper riding...truck driving....hippie recluse....

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
younger brother is looking into one of those...

and a van to haul it down to nc in july

he has the month off from rei....paid...
I've been on an older (pre-GS) 1997 F650 over here for nearly three years. Pretty good ride for local conditions. Definitely cult bikes and some parts availability can be a pain.

If I was looking for something like one of them I'd be hard-pressed not to try and find the oldest Tenere T7 I could.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
War fucks people up.
from the time he got back until his death....the only people who were allowed in his house could be counted on one hand i think...

both my dad and grandfather were lucky

dad spent vietnam in alaska

grandfather spent ww2 in aleutian islands

Last edited: