Quantcast

Motorcycle vs. Car ...warnning 18 + pics....

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
i am sorry but some pics are shocking and if you dont like stuff like that i mean accidents please do not click on link,

but friend ask me to put this on forums and sites where people ride cars or bike so maybe some one can change his mind or driving style when he or she saw motorcycles,..

www.ride2die.com

its only real life so car drivers :

ps. bosses if this thread is not ok please delete it i am just doing a favor for a friend.. he rides moto-bike..

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I read that, and while some of it is obvious, like watch out for motorcyclists, I liked the statistic about 22% intoxication rate vs 1% for truck drivers.

I also liked the dispelling of loud pipes myth.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
MudGrrl said:
I'm not clickin' on those pics....

but am considering getting a moto, so y'all hope that I don't get smushed, ok?
If you thinking about getting a street bike, you should click on those pics. They are simply a reality.
A lot of the shots are t-bone shots of motos going in to the side of cars that pulled out in front of them.
Exactly what happened to me.
6 surgeries are teh lose.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
A dude stole a truck, ran a light, hit a bike, pushed the bike & rider thru a telephone pole...I heard it, & saw the aftermath.

My bike was put up for sale within a week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
sanjuro said:
I read that, and while some of it is obvious, like watch out for motorcyclists, I liked the statistic about 22% intoxication rate vs 1% for truck drivers.

I also liked the dispelling of loud pipes myth.
It seems a lot of the folks who feel that riding is a lifestyle spend a good portion of their time showing off their bikes as they ride from bar to bar. I'll admit to driving after having a beer or two (under illegal limit) but would never even consider throwing my leg over my motorcycle after even sipping a beer.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
It bewilders me to no end to see people riding motocycles that are capable of 150+ in shorts, tank top, flipflops and sunglasses.
I want a motorcycle, but I'll be darned if I'd ride the thing without some decent gear on. Crap...even some of the riders in these pics were wearing full gear and there isn't much left.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Wow after looking at that website, it just confirms my notion that motorcycles are a terrible investment.

Anyone ever watch the Faces of Death movies? Man that website brought back bad memories.

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
My sister is a cardio vascular surgeon in AZ, which means that when hearts become available from donors she gets to pick them up and put them in.

So one day I'm sitting in my apartment in Monterey and hear the sound of an accident. Due to the layout of the apartment (and my playing around online) it took me a couple of minutes to get to my window to see what happened. Apparently a motorcyclist rear ended a car at some decent speed.

Anyway, I get a call from my sister a couple of hours later saying she was going to be in Monterey to pick up a heart from "some dude on a donor cycle" and if she had time we might be able to grab some food or something.

Doesn't keep me from riding, but it does keep me from riding too stupid.

BTW, my sister says most of her hearts come from people riding quads out in the dunes. Wear gear there too and use a flag; and if you are too drunk to walk you're WAY too drunk to ride a quad.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I still want a bike as well.

It sucks, but you could hold the same sort of argument about SUV's. I know a lot of people who say the only reason they bought and/or drive a large SUV is because "everyone else does too." If you're in a Echo and an H2 merges into your lane, you're screwed there too.

Same rules apply to Echo drivers, be aware of what's going on and never consider driving UI.

Bikes are at risk, so are bicycles in downtown. But when I can get around for a 1/4 of the cost in gas and a hell of a lot less in insurance, then it's a risk I will take.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
pretty serious stuff. I use to ride a dirt bike and always wanted a rocket bike. I still think they are relatively safe if you don't go down the road at high speed, turn corners slow so oil on the road don't wash your front end out and slow on EVERY intersection.

A buddy of mine was killed sitting at a light by a drunk woman blowing .25. She rear ended him and rode over his bike and him. He died in the hellicopter. Great guy. Gives a good reason so sit at a light with your eyes on your mirrors ready to dart off the line to avoid being hit.

AS to cars being stolen and innocent people being killed. I think they should make care theft a felony with a twenty year sentence. If a person gets killed in car theft, life with no parole. If they make the punishment more than the crime is worth, then it might stop.

No cell phones in cars either.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Chunky Munkey said:
pretty serious stuff. I use to ride a dirt bike and always wanted a rocket bike. I still think they are relatively safe if you don't go down the road at high speed, turn corners slow so oil on the road don't wash your front end out and slow on EVERY intersection.

A buddy of mine was killed sitting at a light by a drunk woman blowing .25. She rear ended him and rode over his bike and him. He died in the hellicopter. Great guy. Gives a good reason so sit at a light with your eyes on your mirrors ready to dart off the line to avoid being hit.

AS to cars being stolen and innocent people being killed. I think they should make care theft a felony with a twenty year sentence. If a person gets killed in car theft, life with no parole. If they make the punishment more than the crime is worth, then it might stop.

No cell phones in cars either.
I posted something about a dumass on a bike along Hwy 101. I am planning on buying my first motorcycle this fall, and I am loathe to use it for regular commuting. It seems better in less traffic.

I suppose I am going to take my lumps, but I hope to ride safely. I have bicycles to act like jackass.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Westy said:
I wonder how many people would give up driving if they saw pictures of people in nasty car accidents?
Maybe if the ratio of fatalities to accidents were the same as motorcycles they would.

I should not have clicked that link.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ciaran said:
Maybe if the ratio of fatalities to accidents were the same as motorcycles they would.

I should not have clicked that link.
I wonder what the statistics would reflect if they removed the drunks, helmetless riders and squids who were trying to be Joey Dunlop?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Serial Midget said:
Everyday I see guys on street bikes tearing it up in heavy traffic... weaving in and out and riding between traffic lanes. :monkey:
I have read that in areas where it is legal, (in stopped traffic) splitting lanes is far safer. It is also a good idea to constantly move (slightly) faster than the rest of traffic as it keeps you more visible.

Although driving like a bat out of hell is just reckless.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Serial Midget said:
Everyday I see guys on street bikes tearing it up in heavy traffic... weaving in and out and riding between traffic lanes. :monkey:
And you know what the worst part is ? How many of them are actually wearing protective riding gear ? Probably less than half. It makes me sick when I see idiots who buy the fastest bike they can afford (with almost no prior riding experiance) and then go speeding down the highways and main street in a wife beater or t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. Even more neglegent are the idiots who are wearing gear, but thier passenger isn't.

At very least you should be wearing a riding jacket, helmet, riding pants, and gloves. Even though its not going to help you much if you plow into a car stopped at a red light, or you if you get broadsided by a guy going 80, it will most likely improve your chances of living.

If I ever do get a street bike it is either going to be a track queen or I'm going to be wearing full race leathers even if I'm just taking a back roads ride.

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
dan wask said:
If I ever do get a street bike it is either going to be a track queen or I'm going to be wearing full race leathers even if I'm just taking a back roads ride.
I hope you're one of the few that doesn't become complacent.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
NapalmCheese said:
I hope you're one of the few that doesn't become complacent.
As do I. Of course, I said that I would never ride my motocross bike on the road, but here I am riding it up to the practice track (a quarter of a mile away) on the side once a week. (Its a narrow two lane road that is very rarely trafficed by cars. I live out in the sticks)

After seeing two friends at thier funerals in closed caskets, and one in the hospital with severely broken legs and knees because of street bikes I'm more or less convinced to stay off the street let alone the highways on motorcycles. It still doesn't make me not want to ride though...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Westy said:
I wonder what the statistics would reflect if they removed the drunks, helmetless riders and squids who were trying to be Joey Dunlop?
Probably about the same. While I haven't looked it up I would bet dollars to donuts that most motorcycle fatalities are the auto drivers fault.

I hate thinking about these things because I love motorcycles, my dad rides a HD on occassion, and I lost a cousin to a motorcycle accident some years ago. (It was his fault but that does not lessen the loss).

I would never ever ride a motorcycle on the streets. Too dangerous for my tastes, and I think that the fun they provide is not worth my life or limbs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ciaran said:
Probably about the same. While I haven't looked it up I would bet dollars to donuts that most motorcycle fatalities are the auto drivers fault.

I hate thinking about these things because I love motorcycles, my dad rides a HD on occassion, and I lost a cousin to a motorcycle accident some years ago. (It was his fault but that does not lessen the loss).

I would never ever ride a motorcycle on the streets. Too dangerous for my tastes, and I think that the fun they provide is not worth my life or limbs.
So were the 22% riders who died under the influence killed by the fault of an auto driver.

Too bad cameras are a modern invention. It would be cool to have a website showing pictures demonstrating the severed limbs, crushed skulls and dangling bowels medieval weapons produced.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
MudGrrl said:
but am considering getting a moto, so y'all hope that I don't get smushed, ok?
if you're planning on spending the rest of live up here in n va, i wouldn't bother. unless it's just a commuting tool, street bikes ain't much fun here. i run errands and commute a bit on mine, but i long for the day that i move away to a place less congested and more moto-friendly.

where i live, i have to spend an hour neckdeep in highway traffic any direction to get to any decent roads. it's very frustrating. :mumble:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Over the years, I have personally witnessed two NASTY bike accidents on MD RTE 140, both caused by the same moron move that led to three of my cars being totaled- an impatient prick in a car trying to turn off a divided highway onto a perpendicular road w/o enough room to do so...or in policespeak, failure to yield right-of-way. (Roethlisberger say what!) People, show a little fargin' patience and don't cross in front of opposing lanes unless you have more than a large enough gap in traffic to do so! When I was a kid, my mom bounced a drunk motorcyclist a good 50' with the big bumper of our early 70's Chevy Nova, sending her and my sister to the hospital and the cyclist's jellied remnants to the morgue. Just last week, RTE 140 was closed in both directions for hours while officials collected the strewn remains of a cyclist lost in a battle with a tractor-trailer. I will never again ride a two-wheeler on the road because of all the stupid $hit things I've seen people do in cars.