Quantcast

Mount Baldy DH? (Los Angeles area)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Have any of you monkeys been to Mt Baldy to ride the lifts and do some DH'n?

Was originally headed to Mammoth bc it is opening this week, but I heard that they will only open up trails from the BASE lodge down to the village... so no LIFT access, only the shuttle truck.

So what about Baldy? Is it worth the $50 lift ticket? Are the trails for real, or are they just some lines that people decided to take through all the loose pumice?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Have any of you monkeys been to Mt Baldy to ride the lifts and do some DH'n?

Was originally headed to Mammoth bc it is opening this week, but I heard that they will only open up trails from the BASE lodge down to the village... so no LIFT access, only the shuttle truck.

So what about Baldy? Is it worth the $50 lift ticket? Are the trails for real, or are they just some lines that people decided to take through all the loose pumice?

it's definitely not worth $50 but you should give it a go.

are they just some lines that people decided to take through all the loose pumice? -- Yep. I'm sure Hacktastic will chime in and say it's the best place in the world, though.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Steep and loose. The rocky trail is actually fun. But according to the forest service rangers, we can only ride the fireroad. Otherwise we are poaching. Trails are for hikers only. :wtf:

We got the hell out of there after that. You can fly under the radar with a small group. Definitely not worth $50 (we didn't pay anything close to that by the way). Big Bear/Snow Summit is half of that.