Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Eastern States Cup #3
USAC Regional Championship Series
USAC Vermont State Championship Race
June 26-27 at Mount Snow, VT.

After one race at each venue the series returns to Mount Snow. The State Championship course was recently tested by racers and given the thumbs up:thumb:. It is a fun fast and challenging course.

The new course starts out right at the top of the lift and proceeds towards the traditional Beginner/sport course start, there it veers to the riders left to the next ski trail. Thgis trail has been used in the past but instead of straight down it will feature fast sweeping turns, past the turn off previously used and continue down the ski trail to the work road.

From there it traverses the mountain ducking into the woods a couple times for some fast excitement all the way into the woods to "Turkey Falls". From there it stays in the woods on fun single track to "The Yardsdale". No, not the traditional route but uses the wide way down the section, then all the way back to the bottom of the chairlift for the traditional Series finish area.

This is one of the most fun ways down the mountain yet !!

Mount Snow has lowered their fees to and upped the ante with guaranteed cash payouts in Pro, all Cat1 and all Cat2 classes as well.

PRIZES:
Eastern States Cup Series will be paying CASH 3 deep for ALL series races - $20 minimum per racer entry in the Pro class
$10 per racer entry to Cat1 classes
$5 per racer entry to Cat2 classes
Split on the following percentage ratio 55/30/15.
Cat1, Cat2 & Cat3 will also receive high end sponsor-donated prizes.
All classes will receive custom 2010 ‘Eastern States Cup’ Medals.

NEMA is also paying CASH to top three in ALL classes through The NEMA Cash Contingency Program. The plan will pay Pros, Cat 1,2 & 3 CASH for those follow NEMA’s rules and list them as a sponsor on the race entry sheet.

Series prizes will pay cash 3 deep to Pros ($500, $250, $100)
$100 cash to 1st place for Cat 1 and 2 in all age classes.

While upping the payouts ALL Race fees have been reduced to $70* for Pros, $60 for Cat1, $50 for Cat2, while Cat3 Racers will pay only $45. All race entries include a 2-day lift ticket.

2010 DATES:
#1 May 21/23 Plattekill – Pro/Am Gravity Tour
#2 June 5/6 Mount Snow – Welcome Back race
#3 June 26/27 Mount Snow – USAC VT State Championship
#4 July 3/5 Plattekill - Gravity East Series Race
#5 July 24/25 Mount Snow – Mountain Bike Festival – Rte 66 XC Race
#6 Aug 21/22 Plattekill – Pre World Cup Event
#7 Sep 18/19 Plattekill – USAC NY State Championship
#8 Oct 9/10 Plattekill – Series Finals

RACE FEES:
(Entries include Saturday AND Sunday Lift Tickets)
$45 Cat3(beginner) Top 3 Medals and Prize
$50 Cat2(sport) Top 3 Medals and Cash and Prize ($5/Racer)
$60 Cat1(expert) Top 3 Medals and Cash and Prize ($10/Racer)
$70 USAC Pro Top 3 Medals and Cash ($20/Racer Minimum)
* $85 USAC Pro Race #4 $1000 GES Purse Includes Friday Lift Ticket

Last edited:

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
are there any affordable spots to stay around mt snow? like clean and reasonable hotels or motels? i stayed at the mountaineer once and it was expensive, dirty, and they locked the doors to get in or out at 10 so i was trapped unless i wanted to wake the owner up. i also stayed at the vintage motel another time and it was more like a bed and breakfast. is there any camping around the area? thanks...

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
are there any affordable spots to stay around mt snow? like clean and reasonable hotels or motels? i stayed at the mountaineer once and it was expensive, dirty, and they locked the doors to get in or out at 10 so i was trapped unless i wanted to wake the owner up. i also stayed at the vintage motel another time and it was more like a bed and breakfast. is there any camping around the area? thanks...
primative camping is available at the mountain. Molly Stark and Woodford State Campgrounds are near by.

check with Mount Snow Central Reservations at (800) 498-0479 as they usually have a "race" deal.

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
When is the course taped off? The wife is sending me up to mount snow Sunday for fathers day with the guys. Looks like its going to be killer weather this weekend too!

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
Just got back from a day on Mount Snow. The course for next weekend is FAST! I had a lot of fun on it today. The only problem was part of the lower section was closed off.

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Weather is looking good, a little cool down at last. I am really looking foward to racing this course. Fast and fun with a little yard sale action thrown in.

Hope to see you there !!!

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
Im getting pretty pumped for the race too. Im done with work for the week and its time to wrench on the bike tomorrow then practice on sat. and race on sun. From what I've been hearing from other riders it seems like it'll be a better turn out this round :thumb: Glad to hear the weather is gonna hold (knock on wood) if the course is in the same condition as last weekend people are gonna be puttin down some fast times.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Fast Course but LOOONG also. MM Freak how was the top part of the course with the switchbacks at speed? It seemed it would get to be a lot of fun and technical at full speed,

and yes I am pumped for the next two ESC race courses.

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
Hard to say really. With no course tape up yet last weekend I followed a series of small flags in the ground that made up what I believe to be the lower switchback section. The upper switchback section was awesome and already had some nice lines that were present. After I crossed over the fire road onto the lower switchback is where I couldn't carry a whole lot of speed, not due to the course but just because its was harder than hell to spot them little flags. The whole course is gonna RIP this weekend though. Once some lines start to form on the lower switchback section and all the loose rocks get kicked out of there its gonna be 100% pinner style the whole way down. My favorite part of the whole course has got to be coming off the fire road sprint on the middle of the mountain and blasting full speed back into the woods on trail 6. Cant wait for this weekend to arrive its going to be killer!

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
they might as well not even put up tape with some of the lines that were showing up @ the last one. i'm glad they tightened it up some as people were getting creative.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
they might as well not even put up tape with some of the lines that were showing up @ the last one. i'm glad they tightened it up some as people were getting creative.
I'm firmly of the mindset that good line picking is an essential part of racing and that courses should be taped fairly wide. There is a point where it just becomes too wide, or if only one side of the course is taped (I've seen it) it leaves things open for the "creativity" you mentioned. I don't think the riders should be blamed for it; they're just riding within what was taped. It's a matter of ensuring that a course is properly and reasonably taped.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I'm firmly of the mindset that good line picking is an essential part of racing and that courses should be taped fairly wide. There is a point where it just becomes too wide, or if only one side of the course is taped (I've seen it) it leaves things open for the "creativity" you mentioned. I don't think the riders should be blamed for it; they're just riding within what was taped. It's a matter of ensuring that a course is properly and reasonably taped.
Last race course would have been as wide as a turn in the Indy 500 until they taped it off :D

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
Another sick event at mount snow today. It seamed very competitive today with just about everyone in their respected categories posting similar times. Its a shame theres only 1 race left at mount snow this year.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
George and crew keep turning out good ( for mount snow ) course this year. despite the brief rain yesterday it was a fun weekend.

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
George and crew keep turning out good ( for mount snow ) course this year. despite the brief rain yesterday it was a fun weekend.
Definitely a good course, great conditions all weekend, the rain only slightly changed things. I was actually having fun riding at Mount Snow, would have liked to taken some more runs after the racing was over but I had some mechanical issues on my race run.