Quantcast

Mount Snow / NORBA

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
so my current plan is to go up Fri & camp at Haystack

I normally carrry tube,tools, etc when I race, but I am either doing a race series, or a 24 where finishing, even if it wasnt a fast due to fixing a flat is very important

But being this is will be a "single" race, I am trying to decide:
do I carry the stuff so if I get a flat,etc I can fix it (hopefully fast), and then not finish last or maybe still get a mid pack finish ??
or say F it, take the risk and go without, go light, go for broke??

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:

I normally carrry tube,tools, etc when I race, but I am either doing a race series, or a 24 where finishing, even if it wasnt a fast due to fixing a flat is very important

do I carry the stuff so if I get a flat,etc I can fix it (hopefully fast), and then not finish last or maybe still get a mid pack finish ??
Doug, carry just a tube and a CO2. With XC tires and rims, you shouldn't need a lever to get the bead on/off the rim.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:

How long is a lap, what's the terrain? Those would be my determining factors. If it's not too long or sketchy rock gardens then I would probably carry the bare essentials (CO2, tube or patch kit...whichever you're faster with and perhaps a small light multi-tool) in my jersey pocket.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
How long is a lap, what's the terrain? Those would be my determining factors. If it's not too long or sketchy rock gardens then I would probably carry the bare essentials (CO2, tube or patch kit...whichever you're faster with and perhaps a small light multi-tool) in my jersey pocket.

7-8 mile laps w/lots of climbing, normally sport does 3 laps......oh, the sport course is longer then the pro course :confused:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
right.........if I dont carry a tube/co2 I'll flat, and if I do I wouldn't :)

and its a 5.5 mile lap

Hooked on the Outdoors Pro Cross Country

Our "cloverleaf" design has been very popular with riders and spectators, as it provides many fantastic spectator-viewing areas. The course features equal amounts of climbing and technical terrain. Expect loose rocks, dust, mud, roots, single-track, work road climbs, ledge, and meadow. The course is a true test of your versatility. Approximately 4 miles per lap.

Hooked on the Outdoors Beginner/Sport Cross Country

The course is longer than the pro course (5.5 miles per lap) and will be much the same as year's past.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
right.........if I dont carry a tube/co2 I'll flat, and if I do I wouldn't :)

and its a 5.5 mile lap

Hooked on the Outdoors Pro Cross Country

Our "cloverleaf" design has been very popular with riders and spectators, as it provides many fantastic spectator-viewing areas. The course features equal amounts of climbing and technical terrain. Expect loose rocks, dust, mud, roots, single-track, work road climbs, ledge, and meadow. The course is a true test of your versatility. Approximately 4 miles per lap.

Hooked on the Outdoors Beginner/Sport Cross Country

The course is longer than the pro course (5.5 miles per lap) and will be much the same as year's past.

True dat!!! I would love to be there to take some pics...we'll see! Still trying to work out the details.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
douglas said:
7-8 mile laps w/lots of climbing, normally sport does 3 laps......oh, the sport course is longer then the pro course :confused:
My gf rode it a couple of weeks ago and said that there are 14 climbs per lap. Brutal.