Quantcast

Mountain bike BMX this Sunday!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Alright sucka's, Sunday we are going out to Port Orchard for a little indoor bmx on our 26'rs!
Anybody down? :eviltongu
All you need is pants, long sleeves, helmet with temple coverage, top tube pad, stem pad and the motivation to "GET OFF THE FRICKIN COMPUTER!"
It's killer training for the upcoming snow season or for the 3 races WIM is slapping us with next spring!
Show up, it's going to be fun!

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
what time, what time! and who's all going? carpool availability? and can i bring my newb bmx? is it a race or just open practice/do whatever you want-type thing? amount of dollars to ride?

i have interest....

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
oly said:
www.gobmx.com ... pennensula indoor..... noob.
mmm....brisket....

i see, i see, thanks and also :eviltongu

hmmm....your avatar is a little creepy, wha happen?

so ya HAFF ta race, huh? i never did a bmx race before, maybe i just come to watch...

anyone from more norther going and want to carpool?

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Hey Megan, if you don't want to race just come and check it out. Then if you would want to come out and race you would know what to expect. You would do really well on your mountain bike (I think you would be the only girl on a 26'r), but there are usually enough girls on 20's and cruisers to make a full gate.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I was planning on being there to race my 20" but I'll bring my mtb and if there's enough for a class I'll race it. Racing 2 classes would kill me though.

Megan - don't know you but if you want to carpool let me know. I live in West Seattle.

L

Lightninleana

I'll be there on my cruiser, (I left my mtb's in Colorado) I'm just going to be there on Saturday night though and not Sunday. Indoor is always fun, and I think there are enough mtbers going to make a gate.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Five said:
Looks like we've got a mtb class.

Kick ass, guys! :thumb:
We should have enough for a full MTB gate.
Let's go have a good time and let everyone know what they are missing! :eviltongu

By the way, big up's to my teamate Ben Storrar (2 Bills) for contacting Penninsula indoor and getting this thing going!

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Good times! The magnificent MB was stunning in her bmx debut. The racing was hot and heated for 1st-4th and all had a good time. 6 riders on the gate. :)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Yeah', I would have to agree with Lumberjack! It was a great time with great people today! Props to everyone who showed up and especially to Scott for being the all around nice guy and providing bikes for people who didn't have a hardtail! :thumb:
2 more weeks and were back out there!
Let's get some more riders next time!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Comin back from Capitol Forest this afternoon, a pal and me saw a truck full of dirt jumpin mt. bikes headed up I-5. Probably some of you crazies. :p

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
oly said:
Kim, could i race a 5-spot? Or go bibs style and race the DH bike??

Oly,
You could race pretty much any mountain bike. The dirt was a bit soft today so the best bike to be on would of been a hardtail. On a duel bike or a trail bike like the 5 spot it would work because you could make the geometry work for BMX, but you are in a sprint the whole moto, so you would have to pedal your ass off! It would still be fun, it would be a workout though.
MY ASS WAS DRAGGIN' TODAY!
I couldn't get a good snap out of the gate.
It really was fun though!

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Skookum that was us and I kept tellin' Levi there goes Skookum. Oly like I said I'll loan you a bike. I ended up bringing 2 extra hts. Five you were missed. Reo from SBS was on a Skookum ht. He raced class, cruiser, both opens and the mtb class on Sat. Sun he raced class, cruiser and mtb. Dan Marker and knucklebutt said they would bring their hts the next time also. :love:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Lumberjack said:
Skookum that was us and I kept tellin' Levi there goes Skookum. Oly like I said I'll loan you a bike. I ended up bringing 2 extra hts. Five you were missed. Reo from SBS was on a Skookum ht. He raced class, cruiser, both opens and the mtb class on Sat. Sun he raced class, cruiser and mtb. Dan Marker and knucklebutt said they would bring their hts the next time also. :love:
Thanks Scott - I was looking forward to racing too. Glad everyone had a good time. If I'm more mobile by the next race I may come out to check it out and throw some support.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
doods, that was sooooooo fun!!!

thanks lumbahjack for making me go out there and letting me use the ht!

can't wait to go agin!

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
MB you rocked! Talked to rdhring2000 today and he said he and his boys might show up for the next race. That would put us over the top for 2 gates of mtbs.