Quantcast

Mountain Bike iPhone mounting system!

How do you like the mRide?

• Total voters

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
google....as cheap as 19.00 bucks....as expensive as 84.00.

Duct tape and wire FTW.

Edit: I am mentally reviewing a little OTB action a couple of weeks ago with some snow and ice and boulders and whatnot that just about ripped one of my brake levers off and visualizing what would have happened to a smart phone in a plastic bracket... The brake only cost $20 and a little time and cussing to repair...

Last edited:

marauder

Chimp
Mar 15, 2012
right, there are other iphone cases.... but they dont do what this one can.... did you watch the video?

marauder

Chimp
Mar 15, 2012
Okay, well would you really want to use your smart phone doing that with it? ..... a better application would be around town, or single track trails....

marauder

Chimp
Mar 15, 2012
this bracket is made of PC and is not weak and it mounts with a very secure system that is not just going to break. Sure if you smash it on a rock it might... but sounds like the rest of your bike will as well. there is a time and place to use something like this bracket.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This is an amazing idea. I'd much rather stare at my iTime Waster than looking at the trail. And when I crash and smash the $600 phone into a rock I can just buy a new one with my settlement money form the lawsuit cause It would not be my fault. Amerika, phuck yeah.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I would have a hard time mounting a $600 phone to a vulnerable position on the bars vs just buying something like a $100-200 camera.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
What AM said...I ride to escape the interweb, work and other problems...I carry a phone, $20 load minutes onto it incase you mangle yourself on the trai phone. I dont update the Monkey or FB whilst pedaling...I pedal.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
While I see the merits of the product....it's like 2 years late. The product has a very finite lifespan. Iphone 5 will be out in a year and presumably it won't fit in your case.

I wish you the best of luck because it's a nifty idea. But I think time is working against you to be able to sell the volume you will need to move to recoup your costs and then turn a profit.

What's your target retail price, out of curiosity?

Take it to the shark Tank!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I could see this being good for road biking or cruising but for mountain biking it leaves the phone too exposed. One crash or puddle (or dripping sweat) and its bye bye phone. Another good application would be a car mount. Did you consider making a mount with an adhesive back to mount to the dash? Make it fit more phones than the icrap and I'll buy one.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
While I see the merits of the product....it's like 2 years late. The product has a very finite lifespan. Iphone 5 will be out in a year and presumably it won't fit in your case.

I wish you the best of luck because it's a nifty idea. But I think time is working against you to be able to sell the volume you will need to move to recoup your costs and then turn a profit.

What's your target retail price, out of curiosity?

Take it to the shark Tank!
What have you done to the real MMike?