Quantcast

Mountain Bike Weekend Jim Thorpe....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
oh, hey... I saved the reflectors that came on the Quest - add those to the pile.
Sweet, I got a bunch from my new MKIII as well.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
Echo - you bringing the SS? The Tomaqua course would be awesome with a SS.
I would like to ride the SS there. But it's a week before Dalton and I don't know if I should do that to my legs. Plus I will need to be working the bugs out of my race bike. We'll see :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, there's no real climbing at Tomaqua, so you probably don't have to worry about it there. Everything else you'll probably want the Blur for (or whatever your race bike is).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The tix are mailed out so I should be getting them today or tomorrow. I'll let ya all know what # our campsite is when I get the tix. I'll be sending your tix out later this week.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
The tix are mailed out so I should be getting them today or tomorrow. I'll let ya all know what # our campsite is when I get the tix. I'll be sending your tix out later this week.
Sweet! I am psyched for a great weekend of riding. :D

I also started making a list of things to pack this weekend. We'll have to go over the food list. I always tend to bring too much and I created a big list ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! I am psyched for a great weekend of riding. :D

I also started making a list of things to pack this weekend. We'll have to go over the food list. I always tend to bring too much and I created a big list ;)
I'll have to get some e-mails going in the next day or 2.

anybody got any suggestions on food?

Jackson said he would bring some speedies down and we'll all help him pay for that. Other than that we just kind of ate when we were hungry last year.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
So, since BG posted,... do 'we' think that we might have jerseys by Thorpe?

Once again, I offer my help in any shipping or handling details you may need help with. Just let me know.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
peter6061 said:
So, since BG posted,... do 'we' think that we might have jerseys by Thorpe?

Once again, I offer my help in any shipping or handling details you may need help with. Just let me know.
It would be a really close call at this point. It would also require everybody to have their money to him in time.
However I did say to make things easier we could have them all shipped to me or someone else who is going.

Do you know your campsite # yet?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
No # yet. My Buddy made the reservations a few weeks back.

I live near BG, so it's all a matter of when he gets them. Maybe some of them might be able to make a trek up to Thorpe? It definately will be close.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
peter6061 said:
No # yet. My Buddy made the reservations a few weeks back.

I live near BG, so it's all a matter of when he gets them. Maybe some of them might be able to make a trek up to Thorpe? It definately will be close.
Oh so you're suggesting picking them up from him?

That might work!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Well, I figured since he posted in here, he was going, but after scanning the 5 pages of posts, he is not in here, so I guess he's not heading up.

I would be willing to bring jerseys up, but it's all his call. He put the whole thing together. It would have to all be done under his terms. I've already offered him my help with anything he needs once they arrive, but have to wait to see what exactly that entails.

BG, what's your opinion on any of this?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
When are you heading up? The only thing I have from Verge is an agreement that they'll be ready to ship to me by June 10th. If I have them before you go and everyone is cool with it, I don't mind if you take them along.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
When are you heading up? The only thing I have from Verge is an agreement that they'll be ready to ship to me by June 10th. If I have them before you go and everyone is cool with it, I don't mind if you take them along.
The day the park opens is the 16th.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
I'll have to get some e-mails going in the next day or 2.

anybody got any suggestions on food?

Jackson said he would bring some speedies down and we'll all help him pay for that. Other than that we just kind of ate when we were hungry last year.
Well, I can make cookies, muffins, some coleslaw/broccoli slaw to go with speedies and maybe a pasta dish or something? I can also do the pancake thing for b-fast too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Well, I can make cookies, muffins, some coleslaw/broccoli slaw to go with speedies and maybe a pasta dish or something? I can also do the pancake thing for b-fast too.
Um.... muffins are good... :)

Hey I found out our campsite number it's #61
I would have prefered to be close to the lake but we're right smack dab in the middle of everything and close to the showers, b-rooms, and a water spicket.

http://www.soeast.com/sitemap.htm

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
BikeGeek said:
We're heading up the either the evening of the 16th or early on the 17th.

Let me know when you get them and we can work something out.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Um.... muffins are good... :)

Hey I found out our campsite number it's #61
I would have prefered to be close to the lake but we're right smack dab in the middle of everything and close to the showers, b-rooms, and a water spicket.

http://www.soeast.com/sitemap.htm
Sweet! I generally bring some homemade blueberry & cranberry or some other flavor muffins with me. They make a great b-fast or snack food. ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! I generally bring some homemade blueberry & cranberry or some other flavor muffins with me. They make a great b-fast or snack food. ;)
You're crazy!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Hey Stosh... do we still have any open spots in the group? There are a couple of guys near me looking to go. Not sure if they'll end up riding with us or not, but they need a place to set up camp.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Hey Stosh... do we still have any open spots in the group? There are a couple of guys near me looking to go. Not sure if they'll end up riding with us or not, but they need a place to set up camp.
Yeah there is room in the open camping area.

Tell them to go togther and have one guy as their primary.
They should e-mail Dave ASAP.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Yeah. Now I gotta figure out how to not make my dad feel like he's second best to a mountain bike ride.
Build him a cake or something.