Quantcast

Mountain Bike Weekend Jim Thorpe....

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
just got the card this weekend Stosh, made me chuckle. Man am I psyched!! Now I'm starting to worry about food though. Don't want to pack too much, but don't want to be begging for food either.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
just got the card this weekend Stosh, made me chuckle. Man am I psyched!! Now I'm starting to worry about food though. Don't want to pack too much, but don't want to be begging for food either.....
Don't worry about it, I'm pretty good at over packing myself so I'm sure between everybody there will be pleanty.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
There's a supermarket not far from the campgrounds if you get stuck.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
it got a laugh... but if I recall correctly, you weren't excatly the king of the showers yourself there buddy.
I've never claimed to be!!!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
no scrapple for me. Probably just nanners and muffins. maybe some omelets. Pancakes on Sunday right? Hope I don't spontaneously combust from getting too close to the church.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Stosh - are there limits on the number of vehicles that can be at teh camp sites too, or is that just for the cabins?

Treesaw, you're heading down Thursday night, right? Echo - what about you? I'll probably end up going down early Friday if anyone wants to carpool/caravan down.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
yeah there is a certain # we're allowed at the site and I think that # is 2. There is pleanty of parking in the lots and you know they didn't give us to much trouble last year having 3 SUV's at our cabin. Anyway I'm planning on sleeping in the Xterra.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Crazy Sweeper said:
no scrapple for me. Probably just nanners and muffins. maybe some omelets. Pancakes on Sunday right? Hope I don't spontaneously combust from getting too close to the church.
:stupid: Can't even stand the thought of scrapple :dead:

jacksonpt said:
Treesaw, you're heading down Thursday night, right? Echo - what about you? I'll probably end up going down early Friday if anyone wants to carpool/caravan down.[\QUOTE]
Yes, I believe that's the plan. I've gotta give Echo a call or PM to figure out this stuff.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
:stupid: Can't even stand the thought of scrapple :dead:

jacksonpt said:
Treesaw, you're heading down Thursday night, right? Echo - what about you? I'll probably end up going down early Friday if anyone wants to carpool/caravan down.[\QUOTE]
Yes, I believe that's the plan. I've gotta give Echo a call or PM to figure out this stuff.
I'm gonna make scrapple every morning to gross you guys out!! I'm begining to realise it may be the only skill I have over you!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Are we gonna do any night riding? I have one extra light. I can also bring my generator.
I hadn't planned on it because I don't have the gear to but I haven't heard anything to indicate it's not allowed. Also it is good to have some lights for riding around camp at night.
Especially if you're doing the naked bike ride......

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I have a simple little headlamp for stumbling around the camp site, and I have my bike headlamp for night rides, although I've never done a bike night ride, yet. I know drinking isn't officially allowed, but will anybody going in our group be drinking?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
I have a simple little headlamp for stumbling around the camp site, and I have my bike headlamp for night rides, although I've never done a bike night ride, yet. I know drinking isn't officially allowed, but will anybody going in our group be drinking?
There is a high probablility of it, also there is a great pub in town!!! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh if you do choose to partake in adult beverage bring something to drink them out of that isn't the bottle or can they came in or a red plastic frat party cup.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
so the food situation again...is stosh going to have a completely separate pan and stove to prevent him from contaminating all the good food? I think we should give him a quarintined area too, maybe even some caution tape. you can cook spam over there if you want also..

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
so the food situation again...is stosh going to have a completely separate pan and stove to prevent him from contaminating all the good food? I think we should give him a quarintined area too, maybe even some caution tape. you can cook spam over there if you want also..
bwahhhhhhhhhhhh

Nah... I'm not cooking scrapple... don't worry...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
is it the 16th yet?
Went shopping yesterday for some camping items we needed and some food. As much as I complain about walmart.... you can get everything there...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
only a few more days....

today i will go through all of my camping stuff and sort out what i need to take with me, i feel prepared with a list I made up last week. I know I will forget at least one thing. I see you all soon !!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I made up my list this morning during a meeting. I gotta get some of my crap out of the basement and washed/aired out a bit. Other than that, I'm in pretty good shape. Just gotta buy food, and I'll wait till I get paid on Wed to do that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I made up my list this morning during a meeting. I gotta get some of my crap out of the basement and washed/aired out a bit. Other than that, I'm in pretty good shape. Just gotta buy food, and I'll wait till I get paid on Wed to do that.
ha... so I guess you weren't taking notes at the meeting. I'm currently typing up notes from my Friday meeting... UGH..........