Quantcast

Mountain Bike Weekend Jim Thorpe....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
I know we're fending for ourselves with the water, but I'm curious as to how everybody is dealing with this.
Drinking it out of the lake.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Crazy Sweeper said:
I know we're fending for ourselves with the water, but I'm curious as to how everybody is dealing with this.
We have a couple (?) of collapsable 5 gallon jugs that we'll be bringing. I also think I read something about them having water available there???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
We have a couple (?) of collapsable 5 gallon jugs that we'll be bringing. I also think I read something about them having water available there???
There is actually a water spicket next to our campsite...
I'm gonna bring a couple bottles of water.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
k just checking. How much room you have for me stosh? You're not planning to tie me to the top of the xterra are you?
Oh wait... you're coming with me?

J/K :)
I should have pleanty of room.
Coolers may be a problem but we'll figure it out.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'll be bringing a TON of ice, a few gallons of water, and a collapsable 5g jug.

stosh said:
Coolers may be a problem but we'll figure it out.
Hey, don't forget my coffin of a cooler - if you can get stuff to stay cold until I get there, you can throw your stuff in my cooler.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I'll be bringing a TON of ice, a few gallons of water, and a collapsable 5g jug.

Hey, don't forget my coffin of a cooler - if you can get stuff to stay cold until I get there, you can throw your stuff in my cooler.
I was mostly refering to CS about packing them.

Depending on the size they can take up a lot of room.
Probably not a problem and I'm sure we'll just condense it if possible.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I was mostly refering to CS about packing them.

Depending on the size they can take up a lot of room.
Probably not a problem and I'm sure we'll just condense it if possible.
ah, I gotcha. I'm probably going to end up putting most/all my camping gear up on my roof rack, the cooler/food/bike stuff in my backseat, and the firewood in the way back. Put my bike(s) in the hitch rack.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
ah, I gotcha. I'm probably going to end up putting most/all my camping gear up on my roof rack, the cooler/food/bike stuff in my backseat, and the firewood in the way back. Put my bike(s) in the hitch rack.
why you bringing 2 bikes?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh, I'll email you the details of what I'm bringing. I pack pretty tightly, and i still need a cooler. It has to fit in my del sol before it'll fit in your xterra. I'm looking at a 30qt cooler or so. But if your cooler is big enough, I could pack my food in yours.

Also, how is this swap meat? Is it worth bringing some extra cash?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
hey I'm going to marinate some shish-kabobs I think. How many people are going so I know how many to make? And does everybody eat beef and shrimp?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
stosh, I'll email you the details of what I'm bringing. I pack pretty tightly, and i still need a cooler. It has to fit in my del sol before it'll fit in your xterra. I'm looking at a 30qt cooler or so. But if your cooler is big enough, I could pack my food in yours.

Also, how is this swap meat? Is it worth bringing some extra cash?
actually better than the swap meet are the vendors who are there. :) Kenda, Jagwire, REI, Biker Rag, Salsa Bike, and a bunch other.

The bike swap is great for a deal but sucks to sell stuff.
There is also a few shops in town.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
hey I'm going to marinate some shish-kabobs I think. How many people are going so I know how many to make? And does everybody eat beef and shrimp?
I eat very little (no seafood, no veggies, hardly any fruit, etc.), so don't worry about me - I'll fend for myself.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
There are spots left and people can buy tix at the gate if anybody knows anybody interested.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
There are spots left and people can buy tix at the gate if anybody knows anybody interested.
Tweek would probably be down, but he's been getting a stiff rogering at work lately... doubt he could get away.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
I can eat both (mmmm....beef), but Sq-Earl is a beef only kind of guy...he don't like no fishys :nope:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Tweek would probably be down, but he's been getting a stiff rogering at work lately... doubt he could get away.
oh man that sucks!!!

he should try to come!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
I can eat both (mmmm....beef), but Sq-Earl is a beef only kind of guy...he don't like no fishys :nope:
Yeah Aubrey likes shrimp and I'll eat it sometimes.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
So, Echo, does your tent have enough room for all 3 of us if we use our cots?
If you want, I've got a ginormous tent I can bring... should be plenty big for 3 cots - I think it's 10x10.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
TreeSaw said:
So, Echo, does your tent have enough room for all 3 of us if we use our cots?
I think we will have to use air matresses. I have a Eureka Sunrise 9. It's 81 square feet.

I'm leaning toward coming to your house Thursday night so me and Sq-earl can have a proper hangover while you drive down there. Sound good?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
If you want, I've got a ginormous tent I can bring... should be plenty big for 3 cots - I think it's 10x10.
I will let you know as soon as I hear back from Echo. Our tent is big, but I am not sure if it's big enough for 3 cots and I can't remember if Echo's is either. Also, has he talked to you about parking? We're going to try to meet in Binghampton and don't know where he might be able to leave his car for the weekend.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
Also, has he talked to you about parking? We're going to try to meet in Binghampton and don't know where he might be able to leave his car for the weekend.
No, he hasn't. You're welcome to leave a car at my place. Depending on how you all are coming into binghamton, it'll probably be about 30 minutes out of the way for you.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
hey... I have some on-line chat software I use for work. I could setup a chat room for us to work out some of these details if people are interested. What time would be good?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I doubt that would make it through the Xerox firewall, and I have a road ride tonight... this here forum is probably the only contact I'll have with you dillholes.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
No, he hasn't. You're welcome to leave a car at my place. Depending on how you all are coming into binghamton, it'll probably be about 30 minutes out of the way for you.
Ok, good. I can't do the chat thing...firewall here at school. I come right down I-88 to Bhamton.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Actually looking at the map, I think it would be better to leave my car at Jackson's. Can you PM me directions? I'll be coming down 81.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Stosh, are you avoiding the numbers question? How many of us are there?

I'll just make a bunch of kabobs, some with shrimps and some without. I'm a big ziplock food camper, I start marinating everything the night before I leave in ziplock bags, then it takes less room in the cooler. The idea makes sense to me at least.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
Stosh, are you avoiding the numbers question? How many of us are there?

I'll just make a bunch of kabobs, some with shrimps and some without. I'm a big ziplock food camper, I start marinating everything the night before I leave in ziplock bags, then it takes less room in the cooler. The idea makes sense to me at least.
I think the count was 8. I too do the ziploc bag thing. Either that or glad throw-away containers!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Actually looking at the map, I think it would be better to leave my car at Jackson's. Can you PM me directions? I'll be coming down 81.
I'm probably 30 minutes from RT 81. But you're welcome to meet at my place and leave a vehicle.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
I'm probably 30 minutes from RT 81. But you're welcome to meet at my place and leave a vehicle.
30 minutes in what direction? I could probably come down 17 (or 86 or whatever they call it now). I'll take a 30 minute drive over leaving my car in a Denny's parking lot.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
30 minutes in what direction? I could probably come down 17 (or 86 or whatever they call it now). I'll take a 30 minute drive over leaving my car in a Denny's parking lot.
:drool: @ Moons Over My Hammy!!!!