Quantcast

mountain bike with motor?

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
OMFG! You guys mean to tell me that you have no idea what you are looking at? You have heard of trials riders, right? Well, what you are looking at is a scorpa trials motorcycle. They have been around for about 20 years that I know of and they are wild to watch. When I lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma I would ride at this place called Turkey Mountain and every know and then a couple of motorcycle trials riders would show up on these things and do some pretty amazing things!
Now the FX bike is in its own class but the scorpa would be a fun item to zip around on

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
wood-dog said:
OMFG! You guys mean to tell me that you have no idea what you are looking at? You have heard of trials riders, right? Well, what you are looking at is a scorpa trials motorcycle. They have been around for about 20 years that I know of and they are wild to watch. When I lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma I would ride at this place called Turkey Mountain and every know and then a couple of motorcycle trials riders would show up on these things and do some pretty amazing things!
Now the FX bike is in its own class but the scorpa would be a fun item to zip around on
Well except this uses a pumped up CRF50cc knockoff motor and bicycle components to make a stange little beast.

It is not the same as their std trials bike lineup. In fact I am hazarding a guess that the bike being discussed in this thread is not a good motorcycle or bicycle. :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
BigMike said:
isnt that, by definition, a motorcycle?
That looks like a funcycle, to me. I sold my KTM 450 because it was a big, stinky pig. That thing looks a bit more fun. I wonder what top speed is, it is a 70cc, that weighs about 80-85 pounds...wouldnt that thing be a blast on slickrock?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
RhinofromWA said:
If I took a road bicycle and rode it down a mountain would that techinally make it by definition a Mountain bike?
Yes, yes it would. It is a bicycle, and was ridden on a mountain. A bicycle is often referred to as a bike, so:

A bike, ridden on a mountain, therefore can be concluded to be a mountain bike.