Quantcast

Mountain Biking and Camping

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007
Hoping to find a suggestion for the above vacation planned soon. The family rides Diablo a lot and we are open to some XC trails that is near a campground that we cam park the 34' motorhome. Shopping is the area would be great for the wife. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated in the northeast.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
What about Mt Snow? I'm pretty sure there is a quaint downtown area and I'm sure you can find some camping sites.

They have both XC and DH as well.

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
Back Country Excurssions is a fantastic place to go for xc/am mountain biking, and for camping, you can stay in room in the house, he also has big tents outside you can stay in, or you could park you mobile home. the guy provides food he has a wood fired outdoor hot tub and the network of trails is great. also there are some really great wooden stunts and things there, a few of them were built by my buddy and I on a rainy day when we stayed there. fun time. located in NH but not alot of shopping around if i remember right, but still great place to look into.

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
I would say Whiteface would be good too. You can have a great family time there also. Great views, drive to the top, tons of local XC trails, gorge to hike, olympic park, lake placid, water activities, Ausable river (you can park at the KOA camp), etc etc. Plus Downhill Mike (runs whiteface) is great and can help you out for information.

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
If yer looking to hit Highland check out Gunstock Mountain. They've got hookups and suchand a nice lil skatepark. 10-15 mins from Highland and 5-9 mins from Winneppasaukee (sp?). Tons of fun things to do around.