Quantcast

Mountain Cross on snow

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Sunlight Mtn. is having a Mountain Cross race on snow March 22nd. The course starts at the top of Sundown crossing over to Dotsero and finishing in front of the lodge. Monday I will start construction on the course with the snow cat(nice wide course). The course will be used for a skier and boarder cross on the same day so the lips will be smooth and mellow for the bikes.

Don't be scared of riding on the snow, put on your mud spikes or any aggressive tread tire and come do some side by side drifting.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I just finished my second day of building the course with the snow cat(probably the most bad ass building machine I have ever used). The course is going to be fast(you will need brakes more than pedals), the corners are very wide open so passing should not be a problem. Since I have to make the course work for skis and snow boards the jumps have very long mellow transitions. So everything is going to be very smooth on a bike. The course has a nice length to it also, I am guessing around 1 min long. I hope to get some pictures of the course tomorrow, and post them here. The weather looks perfect for getting the course to set up good and solid for bikes. Low 40's during the day and around 20 at night. With Saturday looking to be in the 30's it should make for a great race course.

It looks like for the qualifiers, semi, and finals we will use the snow cat to bring the bikes up the hill. So you will have to hike but not push your bike. The hike up is very easy along a cat track most of the way.

We are running pro and amateur classes, with an 18 and under junior class as well. Entry is $10 for amateur and junior, and $15 for pro with $5 of each pro entry going to a cash purse. We will also have a womens class if enough ladies show up.

We will use Sunlight's race teams timing equipment for qualifing.

Schedule:
Friday, March 21
1-3pm Rider-X Registration - Guest Services
1-3:30pm Rider-X practice (weather permitting)

Saturday, March 22
7:00-9:30am — Rider-X Registration - Sunlight Lodge
8-9:30am — Rider-X Practice
9:45am — Rider-X Racer Meeting
10am — Rider-X Race