Quantcast

mountain cross races?

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Anyone know how Hartlove's Mtx races are run...? Is it like a BMX race where there are seperate moto's and you go to a main depending on how you place? Or do you have to win each of your moto's/transfer to semi's and all that good stuff.? Any help would be great. Also does anyone have any pics from last years blue knob mtx course, or know what it is like? I talked to Kalan about it a snowshoe last weekend but already forgot what he said...sorry.

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
I believe they will run a qualifying run to seed each class. Then either run brackets of 4 elimnating the bottom 2 from each round, or in the event of a small trurnout seed the riders then run a best of three races.. What age and catagory are you? BK is rocky, If mike uses the same course It is rocky up top and somewhat long . Good jumps, Plenty of passing areas etc.. Best of luck

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
I am 26 and guess I will be racing sport? Dont know how competitive sport class is, but I have never raced mtx/4x before, but raced bmx for a number of years. Thanks for the help

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
drt_jumper said:
I am 26 and guess I will be racing sport? Dont know how competitive sport class is, but I have never raced mtx/4x before, but raced bmx for a number of years. Thanks for the help

Sport is a good start, there is lots of practice time, I'm sure you could bump up to x if you wanted to... See you there Charles