Quantcast

Mountain Cycle Slopestyle prototype frame @ I-bike

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
any one have any more info on these? I emailed mountain cycle, but have yet to receive a reply.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
trailhacker said:
Yeah, whats the story on the tuff wheels? You sure its 20mm?
If someone was motivated enough to make it 20mm compatible I wonder if you could figure out a way for disc...

check the posts in the DJ/bmx forum.. the wheel is 20mm.. i think it was converted.. but apparently Skyway is going to be bringing the mags out that are disc brake ready.. :thumb:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
fiddy_ryder said:
check the posts in the DJ/bmx forum.. the wheel is 20mm.. i think it was converted.. but apparently Skyway is going to be bringing the mags out that are disc brake ready.. :thumb:
That's pretty cool, I always hated the braking on my tuff wheels.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
OK, I'll try to answer some questions on both bikes.

Mountain Cycle will soon start production of the new, as yet to be named slopestyle bike. The production version will look nearly identical, but will be much lighter and fine tuned. Price should be very affordable for a frame of this quality, made here in Portland, OR.

Yes those are 24" Tuff Wheels with a custom 20mm thru-axle on the front.
Tony, from Tonic Fab can make damn near anytang!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
wysiwyg said:
can you still put them in the freezer if you bend um - and they straighten up?!

thems were the days
My freezer isn't big enough.:D
I haven't had these Tuffs very long, they flex quite a bit but have stayed true so far. Skyway is working on some updated "graphite" 24"s with disc brake mounts and cassettes. They should be great for dirt jump / urban guys who are hard on wheels. They might give me some for testing.

My v brakes work great with Skyway Tuffpads and linear shifter housing.
Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Brian Peterson said:
Tim, thanks for giving me something to torment one of my co-workers with... He is dying to get on one of those...

Brian
Thanks, are you talking about Gideon? Did you see the photo of him with the sweet turn-down on our Blog?

Sep 10, 2001
Yeah, that's who I am talking about.... Of course I saw the pic... He had us all gather around his computer to see it..lol

Makes me wish a had a pic of the tabled taboggans I used to hit at the BMX track on the Rumble..

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Brian Peterson said:
Yeah, that's who I am talking about.... Of course I saw the pic... He had us all gather around his computer to see it..lol

Makes me wish a had a pic of the tabled taboggans I used to hit at the BMX track on the Rumble..
Tabled toboggans? Sounds nice.:thumb:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am bumping this thread because i want one of these guys [ Mountain Cycle] ! Anyone with status on them?

I think this might replace my DOC!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I am bumping this thread because i want one of these guys [ Mountain Cycle] ! Anyone with status on them?

I think this might replace my DOC!
The first small batch is in the works. They are all spoken for, but MC will try to get the next production run out asap.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
TWISTED said:
The first small batch is in the works. They are all spoken for, but MC will try to get the next production run out asap.
Do you have more info/geo/pricing?