Quantcast

MountainCross course / Fontana . . . .finally

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
There is a piece of equipment rented for this Saturday (March 12th).

Anybody who can come by and give a hand it would be appreciated. Please bring shovels and rakes if you have 'em.

If all goes well, I'm thinking most of the early morning will be used to finish the layout of the course and moving dirt around, as well as moving rocks away from the course. Then once the dirt is in place, jumps and obstacles will be placed and built.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Orven said:
Isn't there a race this weekend?

Yep. So if you are there practicing DH, do some practice runs then take a break and come up and throw some dirt around.

Yeah, that's it, that's what you should do :thumb:

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
What ever happened to do it last weekend? I mean, this is the last race of the Summer series, yet you guys JUST now try to build the 4X course? I'll be there, but I have to break in my new bike. Sorry for not building!

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
IntensedhRider said:
What ever happened to do it last weekend? I mean, this is the last race of the Summer series, yet you guys JUST now try to build the 4X course? I'll be there, but I have to break in my new bike. Sorry for not building!
You are such a little....

I would be out there building but I gotta work this weekend :dead: :dead: , good luck to all on Sunday. And IntensedhRider, you better win...I don't wanna hear any excuses about bears or Yetis or nothin'..

-ALF

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
IntensedhRider said:

Wow, I volunteer my services and you are giving me crap. If you wanna dish it out, give it to someone in control. And if you would've been there last weekend, you would've known what happened. But then again, you do think it's "Summer."

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
doooooood, 4X is gunna look pretty siiick! Given the layout from Arron Potter, it sounds like its going to be fun. Also, I hear that it will be an every Sunday night race. I guess they are getting sponsored by some Van company that they rent from and they rent lights too, so they will be getting lights or something. we will see!

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Nagaredama said:
Does anyone have pictures of the course? Will it be open for use other than race days?
Okay, I just got off the phone with Don...

Due to rain, wind, and scheduling conflicts with the tractor drivers it isn't done. He didn't want to make any promises as to when it was going to be open. He was hoping to have it ready for the start of the Winter series but that obviously didn't happen.

Once it is open he hopes to run a Summer series at night. He is also hoping to have it open one day a week or twice a month for practice and fun.

Sounds like fun and I can't wait to give it shot.

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
I'm not completly sure, but I hear that they got sponsored by the van company, and they own lights, Big ones. And they want to have it an every Sunday night race! I think that would be siiiick!!