Quantcast

^^^ Move the bike store day ^^^

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Finally feeling mostly recovered from the jead cold that lasted 7 days. My wife and kiddos left and I was basically sick the entire time they were gone. What a waste of what could have been a very productive week.

Oh well. I am ready to see my crew again.

We are getting some warm weather rolling in and it should push the apricots and cherries over the edge. All the fresh fruit has been hanging on the trees gree , doing nothing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
the difference is actually that my wheels don't break...
ditto: hubs no, rims I bend but can usually get them reasonably trued back up, As a matter of fact the only thing I have changed on my 12 year old Trek is tires, chains, pulleys, chainring, and sprocket sets from wear no matter how hard I have tried to break the damn thing so I can buy a new bike

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Man am I feeling wiped out. Stress from work then the deer trying to take out my Toaster has caught up to me. Pretty lucky it wasn’t way worse. I mean I did hit a multi point buck at 70 mph and didn’t get a scratch on me. So there is that.

611A1470-BD94-4C1C-968C-8AE3881FA13F.jpeg

57A36EFE-CB4A-4C99-A9FB-6ED8D5EFD001.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ditto: hubs no, rims I bend but can usually get them reasonably trued back up, As a matter of fact the only thing I have changed on my 12 year old Trek is tires, chains, pulleys, chainring, and sprocket sets from wear no matter how hard I have tried to break the damn thing so I can buy a new bike
shit breaks when you ride hard. this was on my enduro bike

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
30 miles, 4500ft of verts ridden on the trails with wifey. Nice rain shower part way through didn't turn into heavy rain so it helped drop the temp to a nice level.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I accidentally a Mercedes-Benz. Hopefully delivered by the end of the calendar year

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and it was the chainstay. on the nomad....and the uzzi....and the uzzi again...and the epic...and the sugar....DAMMIT
furthermore - i have not 1, not 2, but 3 - three other wheels i could put on the front of the megatrail and resume riding. unfortunately they were all at home.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
furthermore - i have not 1, not 2, but 3 - three other wheels i could put on the front of the megatrail and resume riding. unfortunately they were all at home.
Who thinks to bring a spare front wheel on a ride? (Maybe someone running I9 stuff should) Are the other 3 wheels laced to I9 hubs also?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
you sure have it out for i9. theyve treated me well up until now. and even though the hub failed i didn't wreck
I have seen more JRA issues with I9 than any other brand of "high end" hub. It looks like that hub has been laced up more than once. Metal fatigue is a real thing. Breaking stuff is fun if no one gets hurt anyways.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Beach day was solid, kiddo worse himself out and fell asleep on the same.

1.4% for a savings acct is perfect, assuming FDIC insured. When you have one of those bump rates, also see if there is a limit amount. A lot will say first $1000, then .2% above (in really small, faint letters).

I forgot to add, the I-Bonds have a $10k/yr annual max per SSN. So you married folk can do $20k/yr.

And P* is a totally different realm than the Bolt. You're looking at $70k-ish for the P* and it's still has after a short electric range. And there is ZERO chance you don't blow through that range in like 2min. I spent a lot of time debating that when I got the All-road. Despite going by Volvo over half dozen times, I still couldn't even test drive a used one. Really turned me off from the impulse buy at the end of the day.

And after typing that, I just realized you meant the actual Polestar cars, not the V60 Polestar. I'm leaving that. Because Polestar is a performance brand. It was a butchered use of a classic race team name.
The limit on ibonds is annoying, but I won’t miss the money while it’s tied up and $2k interest is a lot of tacos. Same goes for the rest of the cash I’ll dump into bonds, but if I can beat the 1.4% I may as well.

I clearly have no soul because I can give two shits if they bastardized the Polestar or the Mustang name, at this point Ferrari is a glorified clothing company and Lambo is a VAG SUV maker, so we’re all living in the upside down whether we like it or not.

There is a Polestar V60 for sale locally, thankfully it’s black, because if it were white, silver or blue I’d be very tempted. The stand alone brand is making some reallynice looking cars, way nicer than the Bolt. Can’t convince myself that there’s ever a circumstance where I could bring myself to buy either a Bolt or a Leaf