Quantcast

Move to Wellington!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Those of you who arn't c**ksuckers anyway...

http://www.tracks.org.nz/

Not my site, but good stuff anyway. Check out Makara Peak. Lazy Fern is finished and it owns despite it's 'Easy' rating it is more fun than stuff like Live Wires. I beat one of the Kennett brothers down it a few weeks ago (although I didn't know it until we were done) and it is overall one of the most fun tracks I've ridden in my life which includes riding in the French Alps, Sedona AZ, San Fran area, Portland, all over the UK and other places.

'Where can you see lions?'

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
OK.. I'll move... what's your address and how comfy is your couch?

Also, do you have a decent pub within stumbling distance that serves a good Guinness?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
OK.. I'll move... what's your address and how comfy is your couch?
Couch is comfy, but better than that I have a flat for rent soon. Plus generally accommodation is cheap here.

Also, do you have a decent pub within stumbling distance that serves a good Guinness?
Yes. Actually I have a whole area of town, where at least 3 pubs serve Guinness that I can think of, one respectably decently at least. We have a lot of good local brews here though, so don't worry.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I loved Wellington when I lived there. Made a few DH tracks on Mt Vic too, but they aren't on the website...

Started the Island Bay DJ Flat with Hadley, Barney, Cowboy and Weasel. Asked the owner if we could build a few DJs out the back... Hired a digger for the weekend and with the help of Kirkaldie, built about 12 jumps.

That place was awesome.

Welly is one of the only cities I like. You can surf in the morning, ride in the arvo and there is even diving to be done.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if this medicine thing doesn't work out i'm there :D . barring that, after i retire (early?)?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
What's the weather like?

The wife and I are in So Cal and we hate So cal "weather". Too hot. Cloudy cold and rainy is preferred.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Not a big fan of wind
Wellington=wind

Good bars though and some awesome food (there is a pizza place there that kicks ass!).

I'm thinking of moving down there next winter for a few months to work as a tour guide. Last time I was there they offered me a job, hopefully they still need the help.

So this means there is a monkey or two who can help me out? Sweet!

Though I preferred Christchurch and the south island. The vorb.org.nz guys hooked me up when I was down there. Sweet looking trails.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The worst is crossing the strait in rough windy seas:twitch:

Wellington has a great biking community and trail system. Last I checked the owner of Vorb lived in Wellington...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
You need to hook up with the locals for shuttle runs each night.
Don't forget the obligitory Hells Pizza stop on Mt Tinakori. Order on one shuttle, pick it up on next.