Quantcast

Movers are here...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Movers are here, boxed my bikes myself, locked up the tool box after taking snaps of teh hard to find/high value stuff. Me and familia dont have much (By design...) and no high demand electronics, but it is still hard not to follow these cats around and watch their every move...watching 3 complete strangers pack up and drive away with most of your stuff is about as hard as it gets...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
when my parents moved into the second house they had built in virginia.....christmas decorations went missing in the move.

who steals fvcking christmas decorations.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Yea, real tough watching your life packed in a truck and rolling away. Where you off to?... or is that privy info?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
We weren't around when our stuff got packed and we've yet to unpack it all so who knows if anything went missing?

You did right packing your own bikes - we didn't pack ours because they are mountain bikes, what could happen? Well... the loosened the stems to align the bars with the frame for the trip but failed to tighten them adequately when they unpacked. This resulted in me pedaling into a fence while trying to turn into the street at the end of my driveway.

Good luck with whatever is sending you to Germany :)

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
South Germany not bad at all. So close to all the good stuff in Europe plus good German food and beer. I recommend a long bike ride and then some Schweinshaxen and tons of beer. Its my favorite German dish.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
South Germany not bad at all. So close to all the good stuff in Europe plus good German food and beer. I recommend a long bike ride and then some Schweinshaxen and tons of beer. Its my favorite German dish.
swing over to belgium for the really good beer

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I loved the movers from the Army/Navy. They even packed my trash one time.

They always did right by me with one exception. I had a Church of Satan lava lamp. The mover lady in Virginia was a very Southern Baptist. She smashed it because "Jesus said it was EVIL." I damn near had a hate crime in my house that day.

And they wouldn't move my booze. Made for a lot of "can't move the booze" parties funded by my bar.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
You know Dirt, they move booze now...especially on the return trip from Europe. Partsy brought back about 24 cases of Germanys finest when he and teh Frau came back...

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
enjoy the bikeparks in Bad Wildbad and Todtnau! and Freiburg i. B. is a nice place too. and Basel is raelly close, too, which is also a great city!!!!! you'll have a blast!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
May be my last tour, who knows? If I promote, I may stay in for a couple more years. If the economy stays the way it is, I may stay...

Bean, will be in Stuttgart.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You know Dirt, they move booze now...especially on the return trip from Europe. Partsy brought back about 24 cases of Germanys finest when he and teh Frau came back...
no whiskey no care.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
May be my last tour, who knows? If I promote, I may stay in for a couple more years. If the economy stays the way it is, I may stay...

Bean, will be in Stuttgart.
Cool. My father was stationed at Patch for three years in the early nineties.