Quantcast

Movie review...... Godzilla.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Movie review-- Do yourselves a favor.... If you just HAVE to see the new Godzilla flick, find a $4 matinee special, and sneak in your favorite libation. Then, and only then, will it possibly be worth the 2h15min you'll spend wondering......... why????

Well, the wife did want to see it, and I am a bit of a Godzilla fan from years back, however, if they make ANY sequels to this one (Rodan, Geedra, that caterpillar thing, etc), I'm going to shoot my wife if she wants to go.

In other words, blah, and lunch did not taste good the second time, either.....

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
It's a B-grade movie with multi-million dollar Blockbuster special effects - the entire foundation of the movie, a giant monster (or in this case (spoiler!) 3 monsters) whom attacks civilisation from the ocean depths is ridiculous and flawed. Not sure why you'd expect anything else!

I saw it in 3D. I went in knowing it would be silly and just let the movie do it's thing. I found I had my mouth open a lot as the special effects were awesome. The acting was average at best and as with any family action movie, there were plenty of cheesy moments. But ****, the scale of devastation and waste in the movie was surreal. Leave the brain at home and you'll enjoy it.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's a godzilla movie.

you go to see buildings destroyed and monsters killed.

Movie review-- Do yourselves a favor.... If you just HAVE to see the new Godzilla flick, find a $4 matinee special, and sneak in your favorite libation. Then, and only then, will it possibly be worth the 2h15min you'll spend wondering......... why????

Well, the wife did want to see it, and I am a bit of a Godzilla fan from years back, however, if they make ANY sequels to this one (Rodan, Geedra, that caterpillar thing, etc), I'm going to shoot my wife if she wants to go.

In other words, blah, and lunch did not taste good the second time, either.....
you did it wrong.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have always liked the goofiness of the rubber costume stomping on bunch of cardboard.

These Murican high-tech pseudo-zillas - meh. One positive thing though - no Goldblum this time.