Quantcast

Movie: The Ringer

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i give it 3.9/5 stars. some really good laughs, protrayed the mentally challenged community in a very respectful manner. it took a little while to really get rolling but it was definitely worth it by the end.

will make a great rental if you're the type, like me, that usually saves the cinematic experience (and expense) for the big special effects movies.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
It looks really funny. I rarely go to the theater; although my younger brother goes all the time. I did see chronicles of narnia last night in palm springs. It was pretty good.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
I saw the Ringer last night. I found it very funny, mainly because it was so close to home. But it was too much like the South Park episode where cartman riggs the special olympics. i'd agree with the 3.9/5 stars

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I heard the movie was pretty funny... I havent seen it yet though... I think a part of me thought it would make fun of challenged kids which is something i just dont like, but my friend told me it wasnt like that and its actually supported by the special olympics

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
hooples3 said:
I heard the movie was pretty funny... I havent seen it yet though... I think a part of me thought it would make fun of challenged kids which is something i just dont like, but my friend told me it wasnt like that and its actually supported by the special olympics
it definitely shed a positive light on the mentally challenged. made them seem more unique and personable than some imagine. a lot of personality in each character.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I took my son to see it on Christmas day. I thought it was damn funny.
"When did we get fu*king ice cream?"
I may have that quote wrong, but I about fell out of my chair when he said that

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
jimmydean said:
I took my son to see it on Christmas day. I thought it was damn funny.
"When did we get fu*king ice cream?"
I may have that quote wrong, but I about fell out of my chair when he said that
LOL! that was so unexpected.

I think the actual quote was; "When the F*** did we get ice cream?!"

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
I don't mean to seem like an ass, but the fact that it was respectful is kind of a turn-off for me. I was expecting a 2-hour parade of retard jokes, but I suppose it's for the best.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
manimal said:
LOL! that was so unexpected.

I think the actual quote was; "When the F*** did we get ice cream?!"
That was perfect! Talk about a classic moment. I knew I didn't have it right, but it still makes me laugh.

It would have been easy to make a rolling 2 hour tard joke. I think that by not doing it like that made it better for me.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
jimmydean said:
It would have been easy to make a rolling 2 hour tard joke. I think that by not doing it like that made it better for me.
yeah, gave it an actual story....predictable but entertaining. it's kind of weir seeing johnny knoxville trying to be serious