Quantcast

Movie Trailer: "300" WOW!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
yeah that movie looks killer - also saw the trailer on the wide screen this past weekend.

I love the quote...."The Persians have so many archers...that the arrows will blot out the sun."

"Then we as proud Spartans will fight in the shade."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
the cinematography looks contrived, and artsy for te sake of being artsy, not to better the movie.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hopefully they spent as much time on say plot/dialogue as they did on cinemtography. Nothing I hate more than a big $$$ movie where it seems like the script was written in a remedial metal shop class.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
SciFi movies are a whole different animal. 300 looks like it's to SciFi to be realistic, and too realistic to be good SciFi, King Kong had he same problem. Computer graphics are good, but when used to creat images that we know and are familliar with, they don't hold up. In movies like Star Wars where the whole movie is retouched and digital, I know it is suposed to be fake, and that those things never existed so I don't mind them looking fake. "300" isn't SciFi and I think the fantasy quality it has to the cinematography looks contrived, and artsy for te sake of being artsy, not to better the movie.

I will wait till it hits video, if you want to go check it out in a theater by all meens go see it.:cheers:
not my words...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
So, what's your take on Sin City?
I like Sin City quite a bit. I think the cinematography was tops. The story and portrayals were a bit over the top (by design), which is not my favorite.

300 is directed by Zach Synder, who also directed Dawn of The Dead, which I loved. I expect a lot from 300.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
I like Sin City quite a bit. I think the cinematography was tops. The story and portrayals were a bit over the top (by design), which is not my favorite.

300 is directed by Zach Synder, who also directed Dawn of The Dead, which I loved. I expect a lot from 300.
I like movies that are essentially supposed to entertain. Like District 13 or Sin City.

There is no way on earth i would want to see a 'historically accurate' representation of the battle of Thermopylae. Why? Because generally, we have bare facts. This is what I expect on PBS in a 40 minute boring-as-hell reenactment.

I want fun and adventure when I shell out $13 or so for a movie and stuff.

I've already read the historically accurate [supposedly - 2500 years ago! ahahhahahaha] books.

As such, looks like a fun film.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hmmmmm.... looks LOTR-ish. At least the battle stuff does.

I'll bet the story's not as good. :D
Well, having read both the LoTR and 300, it is 2 different mediums. One was an epic trilogy, with scads of details left out of the movie. The other is a very smart, sound bite-ish, visually stimulating graphic novel which the movie is attempting to duplicate, shot by shot.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That shot of the arrows blocking out the sun is incredible. I didn't think I would like Sin City based on the previews and I was wrong. So now I am looking forward to this film because it's such a great story and looks well played.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
So I saw Ghost Rider today and they played the 300 trailer. Damn, I wanted them to play that movie instead of Ghost Rider. It looks awesome.
What did you think of Ghost Rider? Based on everything I've seen so far (trailers, commercials, etc), my ass isn't going anywhere near that movie in the theater.