Quantcast

movin to seattle

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
So im a born and raised east coster and im moving to seattle for at least the summer :) . Anyone have some advice on good bars and rides?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
There are so many of both it is hard to say. One of my favorites is the Dog & Pony in Renton as they always have lots and lots of good beer on tap.

http://www.thedogandpony.com/ontap/

Lindeman’s Framboise
Saison Dupont
Rodenbach
Schneider Edelweisse
Alpine Pilsner
Baron Hefe-Weizen
Blackthorn Cider
Deschutes Mirror Mirror Barleywine
Deschutes Inversion IPA
Dog & Pony Double dry-hopped Imperial IPA
Elysian Immortal "Dryhopped" IPA
Flying Dog Heller Hound Bock
Great Divide Hercules Double IPA
Guinness Stout
Harmon Pt Defiance IPA
Hood Canal Dosewallips Special Pale
Lagunitas Censored "The Kronik"
Maritime Old Seattle Lager
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale
New Belgium Eric's Ale (Lips of Faith Series)
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Pilsner Urquell
Pike Oatmeal Stout
Port Townsend Hop Diggity IPA
Rogue Johns Locker Stock (Frosty Frog)
Sierra Nevada IPA
Sleeman Porter
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone Old Guardian Barleywine
Walking Man Bi-Ped Red
Walking Man Black Cherry Stout
Thomas Kemper draught root beer

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
What kind of bike riding?

Shortys has cheap beer, punk music, hot dogs and pin ball. Whisky bar is good too, 1$ pbr and 2$ shots for happy hour.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
dog and pony looks good, but its gonna be a bit far by bike i think. Shortys and Whisky bar look like a good time, ill prolly be frequenting them.
i ride mainly xc and road.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
bella said:
dog and pony looks good, but its gonna be a bit far by bike i think. Shortys and Whisky bar look like a good time, ill prolly be frequenting them.
i ride mainly xc and road.

It is close to some of the local trails, but yeah you would need to drive from Seattle to get there.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
There's not much XC going on over here on this board. You're better off getting that info over at the mtbr/WA forum or off the Backcountry Bicycle Trails Club list serve. www.bbtc.org

Lot's of places to ride here as well as get your drink on. After all, biking and booze go together. But, it does also depend on where you'll be living so we can send you to a place that will be crawling distance home.

I will second the Dog and Pony though. Good beer, and good beer always means that even marginal food is good.

Give us a shout when you get closer. If you are an XC guy with a road problem, we'll get you on some looong backcountry rides.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
im going to be living at U of washington.
im down for any kind of riding, i just dont have the money for a DH bike and being 5 foot has posed a bit of problem for borrowing bikes from my buddies.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
there is a ton of great xc riding around the greater seattle area but mtbr has an A-Z listing of mountain biking all over washington it should be no problem finding some great riding.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
DBR i was gonna call you guys today actually, i need to ship my bikes out there and i didnt know if recycled cycles does that.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
define "good bars".

and what part of seattle do you plan on moving to?

get ready for some fantastic traffic too.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
pnj, they're going to be living at the U.

Bella, there's plenty of urban in the area but the closest dirt is/will be at Colonnade park which will be a nice spin right past Recycled over to under I-5. Will be great for that after school session to keep the skills sharp. Lots of progress pictures here and on the BBTC website.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
bella said:
DBR i was gonna call you guys today actually, i need to ship my bikes out there and i didnt know if recycled cycles does that.
we tottally do that if you need a shop to ship your bike to a shop in the u-district

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Stop by Recycled Cycles when you get into town. Both Jumping Jesus & I work there as well as some other avid riders. We can at least point you in the right direction as far as resources and organizations.
I didn't know you worked there... or at least I didn't recognize you last time. I'm gonna stop by sometime in the next couple weeks and pick up some parts.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
pnj no worries i can handle traffic.
Collanade Park looks sweet.
jumping_jesus - should i just give the shop a call and let you guys know when im shipping my bikes (it should be 2nd week in june).

thanks for all the help guys! im getting more excited by the day

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
bella said:
jumping_jesus - should i just give the shop a call and let you guys know when im shipping my bikes (it should be 2nd week in june).

thanks for all the help guys! im getting more excited by the day
yeah i would just give us a call at the shop and give us a heads up and at that time if you need us to do anything to we can get it ready or schedual it in to our work load. if you want you can call and ask for me my name is ted or ask for andy aka DBR and we will get you all setup