Quantcast

Moving back to PNW!? weee! (Portland)

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Looks like I might be moving back to the NW. I moved from hometown Bellingham to DC almost 2 years ago and now might be going to Portland/Beaverton. What's the trail scene around Portland like (I would assume there's a fair amount)? What are some notable trails for AM/FR? I know Seattle, Bellingham, and Vancouver (BC) but I'm pretty clueless about Portland.

:monkeydance:

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
falls city, post canyon, and that other one on the WA side right by post (can't remember name), a bunch of dj's in and around portland, mount hood, willamate pass

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Good to hear you're moving back to the wet coast. I've heard lots of good things about Post Canyon and Black Rock. They're both outside of Portland but not far of a drive from what I've heard. I'm hoping to get down there this spring and check some of the stuff out. When's the move suppose to happen? Might have to hook up for a ride sometime.

L

luelling

I've heard lots of good things about Post Canyon and Black Rock. They're both outside of Portland but not far of a drive from what I've heard.
Blackrock is west of Salem, it took some of my friends from Portland 1.5 hours to get there....so its not too bad

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Good to hear you're moving back to the wet coast. I've heard lots of good things about Post Canyon and Black Rock. They're both outside of Portland but not far of a drive from what I've heard. I'm hoping to get down there this spring and check some of the stuff out. When's the move suppose to happen? Might have to hook up for a ride sometime.
Hey TJ - I was accepted at Pacific University's PA program but I'm waiting to hear back from Cornell in NYC. If I don't get in there, I'll be moving middle of May. If Cornell happens, I'll be moving to Manhattan or Queens for two years starting in August.

PNW riding will kick my ass whenever I get to do it again. I haven't taken a jump or drop over 4 feet since I moved out here; and those are few and far between.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
PNW riding will kick my ass whenever I get to do it again. I haven't taken a jump or drop over 4 feet since I moved out here; and those are few and far between.
Ha ha, if you move out here we'll have to take you up to Whistler and make you do the green and blue runs all day, actually the blue might be pushing it a bit ;)

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
from portland, you are about an hour and a half from everything, post canyon for as big as you want to go, syncline on the washington side of the gorge for as fast as you want to go, and black rock for, well, whatever you want?:biggrin: then racing in the summer!!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Hey it's official, I'll be in Portland starting mid-May. I withdrew my application from Cornell because the east sucks. Can't wait to check out blackrock, looks SWEET.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hey it's official, I'll be in Portland starting mid-May. I withdrew my application from Cornell because the east sucks. Can't wait to check out blackrock, looks SWEET.
Congrats, just don't say "weee!" too much in the tougher parts of town.

You know Portland does have movie theaters at bars where you can order food and stuff. That's pretty damn cool in my book.