Quantcast

Moving back to SoCal

Mad Dog

Chimp
Feb 23, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I'm coming back to SoCal at the end of May. I like to do hardcore XC rides in the Angeles, Cleveland and San Bern. Forests. Chino Hills, Malibu and Laguna too. Death Valley ride July 4th weekend.
Anyone interested in riding let me know.

XRT_SquallJt

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
hey, im interested in the death valley ride, first off, what are the trails like?, are they like arizona or a little easier?, also, how skilled should one be for the ride?

XRT_SquallJt a.k.a Rocky

Mad Dog

Chimp
Feb 23, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
There are no trails in Death Valley. The only legal riding is on fireroads. Nothing technical. I will probably ride a FS bike just due to distance. I want to do a shuttle trip down Titus Canyon. 26 miles one way. Lots of loose sand but mostly downhill. It's currently closed to vehicle traffic due to flood damage but it should be rideable. I've done it before and it's not too difficult but it is totally self supported from drop-off to p/u and June/ July is no time to fool around. We are serious and you are welcome. Let me know...

XRT_SquallJt

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
ok,i might need better suspension...., when is the ride supposed to be?
the ride sounds like fun, but if there are ruts, i need a good long travel pair of forks, the Element forks on my EFX have a very low amount of travel and are very soft...., thanks

Rocky