Quantcast

Moving to Austrailia!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
After all these years, I have seen the light, and it is down under! Partsy, I am emigrating!

Australia makes adult toys tax deductible

May 8, 2006

SYDNEY, Australia -- The Australian Taxation Office has issued a list of deductible items for the sex industry Friday that included adult toys and lingerie.

Prostitutes, strippers and lap dancers can deduct the costs of condoms, lubricants, gels and oils against tax, according to a fact sheet released this week on the office's Web site.

Deductions cannot be claimed for fitness classes to keep them in shape, but the tax office ruled they can claim the cost of dance lessons.

"You can claim the cost of replacing or repairing things like equipment, adult novelties and other apparatus used in your work," the office advises, under a section titled "tools of trade."

AP

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
There's a lot of poisonous things in Oz... Some of them are very small and very fast and very deadly. Scary.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
i will be the arbitrator here...seeing as i am a born and bred masshole, but am currently in dunedin studying. and yes, aus definitely has scary things...including many deadly, fast things. but i'll tell you what, i had never seen an inside out sheep until NZ. now that's some craziness right there.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
gsweet said:
i will be the arbitrator here...seeing as i am a born and bred masshole, but am currently in dunedin studying. and yes, aus definitely has scary things...including many deadly, fast things. but i'll tell you what, i had never seen an inside out sheep until NZ. now that's some craziness right there.
dunedin rocks! have you caught any shows at The Empire? very cool place.

btw, on the adult toy biz, it's no coincidence that valve bouncer's title is 'master dildoist' :rofl:

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
nah, havn't caught many shows in general...i'm wrappin up classes (or at least the one's i care about for my major) right now, so i have a couple of months to bum around, travel, bike and work on photography. thanks to my geology major, i've pretty much explored the entire south island from top to bottom and i now know exactly where i want to return. but concerts will become a priority very soon seeing as i am in need of good music.