Quantcast

Moving to B-ham

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Um Kind of as I remember Matchell had something on the drawing board a couple of summers ago

There is not enough elevation change to make anything worthwhile there imo anways though

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
oly said:
Wasnt there plans to do a 4X track near the NST Bmx track??
Yeah, there was. A couple of years ago Mike and Scott presented it to the city and I think it was a no go. The NST track is mtb friendly though.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Tacoma Lad said:
I think that there might have to be a secret 4x trail or something around here I wish pa wasnt so far or that would be cool.
Hey nate,

how much do you know about Ft Lewis trails?? I saw a group of bikers dip into the woods off of Nisqually road right off i-5, but the trail heads into the base where the no trespassing signs are..... wonder what kind of riding is there..... but i dont wanna get shot.

What about SST? there is elevation there in places. Could one be made there?>?

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
Ft Lewis has some trails but alot of the stuff I built has been ripped down or been fenced in so the terrorists dont ride the trails!@#$ so as far as Ft Lewis goes the last guy that could get me in just moved to N Carolina. Plus all those striker guys plow throught the woods and getting run over by one of those would really hurt. however SST I think would be the place to build as long as the other guys that build dont blow up on me ahhhhhhhh what do I care is going to happen

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
If there was enough room left in the flowpark area, I'd say have at it. As-is, the trails are probably not even wide enough for a 2X, but that gives me ideas all the same.:think:
I'll have to explore around the park tomorrow and/or this weekend and see what else exists.
Another spot that might work is the hillside out near the Tapeworm in Renton.
I know Stu over @ Alki Bike & Board has an area off W. Marginal that he's trying to get built up - perhaps you should bring the 4X idea up w/ him as well. I could see him going for that.

This area in general needs a good DH/4X area for sure.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
I am talking about a big course that can be raced, ie PA, Whistler, Grouse. You can build little mini tracks at SST or locally places, but nothing that could be raced, Snoqulamie would be idea as it could be built w/ a Cat.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
DBR X6 RIDER said:
If there was enough room left in the flowpark area, I'd say have at it. As-is, the trails are probably not even wide enough for a 2X, but that gives me ideas all the same.:think:
I'll have to explore around the park tomorrow and/or this weekend and see what else exists.
Another spot that might work is the hillside out near the Tapeworm in Renton.
I know Stu over @ Alki Bike & Board has an area off W. Marginal that he's trying to get built up - perhaps you should bring the 4X idea up w/ him as well. I could see him going for that.

This area in general needs a good DH/4X area for sure.
I talked to Wick a few years ago about building a slalom course in the area across 200th(?) and west(?) of the golf course.
If you were driving like you were going to do a wed night race and instead of turning left into the gated off road you took a right there is a lot of area that would be on your left.
Wick offered to give me contact info to the people I would need to talk to but I never followed up.
I figured if I built a course that was to my style (which would work for all the beg, sport and such riders) it wouldn't work for the people that wanted to go big and ultimately those people would take over and it would be a "big" course like PA.
If that meeting with Wick went (or goes?) well you could talk to him about that.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
trailhacker said:
I talked to Wick a few years ago about building a slalom course in the area across 200th(?) and west(?) of the golf course.
If you were driving like you were going to do a wed night race and instead of turning left into the gated off road you took a right there is a lot of area that would be on your left.
Wick offered to give me contact info to the people I would need to talk to but I never followed up.
I figured if I built a course that was to my style (which would work for all the beg, sport and such riders) it wouldn't work for the people that wanted to go big and ultimately those people would take over and it would be a "big" course like PA.
If that meeting with Wick went (or goes?) well you could talk to him about that.
In-ter-est-ing. We've always glanced into that area as we were driving by, but never really explored in there...I guess we should.
As far as a solid/legit course goes, it will ultimately be up to a local resort to make it so, IMHO.

If I win the lottery one of these days, I'm buying some land with acreage and a sweet fall-line and there's going to be invites for builders from all over. You've been warned.:)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Since I don't have the new Decline right here in front of me, I had to google to find out what exactly a PUMP TRACK is. I wasn't too far off in my thinking for once!:D

Anywho, that looks sweet. There is tons of space past the table down at SST for something like that. I'll have to see what other peeps think, but I think it would be perfect for that area since it's relatively flat.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Ha, I gotcha beat - I'm just heading straight for the border....in about 5 more months (I hope dem canucks can deal with me as one of em)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Jr_Bullit said:
Ha, I gotcha beat - I'm just heading straight for the border....in about 5 more months (I hope dem canucks can deal with me as one of em)
Judging by the amount of time you dedicate to riding, you should fit right in. Although if you find yourself saying "back in the States" too often you might get worked over pretty bad, eh.:)

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Judging by the amount of time you dedicate to riding, you should fit right in. Although if you find yourself saying "back in the States" too often you might get worked over pretty bad, eh.:)
Possibly - I'm already looking at being over worked from the mountain of paperwork involved...but I know it's worth it :D :heart:

And..while I have to say my bike Is coming with me on my adventure, ultimately, my bike is not part of, or the reason for my adventure. Life is good eh?