Quantcast

moving to harrisonburg

dink

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
Charlottesville VA
well im finally getting out of this flat swamp land called newport news. should be moving in about 3 weeks. sucks cause i have to miss the first diablo race now. i still am hoping to make the open. also going to mean the end of the website i have now. it should stay up for about another month. ill get everthing back up asap once my move is completed with hopefully new videos by then too.

if anyone has any local info they want to pass along would be a great help im sure.

milby

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Thats great news man! I live in Harrisonburg during the school year. There is some great trails around, im sure youll enjoy it. Cya in the fall, or at snowshoe, or at diablo, or whatever.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Make sure you've got a trail bike built up for the miles and miles of sweet singletrack around the area, and go to Shenandoah Bicycle Company (you know the knew guy over there).

Bad time to move there too, all the girls just went home for the summer ;).

Trouble

Chimp
Sep 16, 2004
Funky Town
Let me know if you need some digs to crash in.
I know a few places that have rooms to rent..
or houses to buy. :evil:
Drop me a PM.

a XC bike is a must. or at least an all day trailbike.

I would try and live on the west side of I-81, easier access to bars, trails, etc.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Well it's about time you get out of the swamp land and move to mountainous country. Is Adam moving with you? :D Let me know if you need any help moving your stuff or any other bs you might need help with.

Here's some misc. area info:

Shenadoah Bike Company is the only bike shop to go to in the area, super cool people.

Restaurants: L'Italia, Bravo and Luigi's Pizza Company (Excellent Italian food)
El Charro and Jalisco (Mexican food)
Kyoto (Japanese steak house)
Dave's Taverna (All around good food and beer :drool: )
Finnigans Cove (Seafood and beer :drool: )
Hank's Smokehouse (Damn good barbeque)

Living outside of the Burg is a whole lot cheaper, maybe Weyers Cave, Bridgewater, or Dayton. The Dayton area is close to some really nice singletrack. That's all I can think of for right now.

Later,
Brad

Trouble

Chimp
Sep 16, 2004
Funky Town
BUCKET said:
Sorry, I didn't have the yellow pages close by to help me remember all of these great places.
Hell I had Indian American last night... :eek:
Damn tasty!

Calhouns for Beers. Go for a growler during happy hour.
Luigi's downtown (aka Newiugi's) has $2.50 pitchers of PBR Wed thru Sat.
Not too bad, and your really just renting beer anyways.

Townie from the house to downtonw in 5-8 minutes, max..

dink

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
Charlottesville VA
well at least i know now i can eat well...

thanks for the info guys.

i have to be out of my place now by june 17. i guess i better find a place to live quick.

the mad dash is now on