Quantcast

Moving to somewhere near Seattle, maybe Everett

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
So its locked in, the wife and I will be in Seattle/Everett sometime near or on the 1st of May.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to somewhere with some topography for the riding season.

I dig riding DH, I am working on growing the balls to DJ, I love digging trails/hits/jumps, I've got my truck, and I consider myself an entertaining drinker.

Anyone care to show the new kids the secret stashes of the area? I'll be doing the remainder of the NW race series once we get there, so you'll see me around.

Drop a line, always up to ride.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
So its locked in, the wife and I will be in Seattle/Everett sometime near or on the 1st of May.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to somewhere with some topography for the riding season.

I dig riding DH, I am working on growing the balls to DJ, I love digging trails/hits/jumps, I've got my truck, and I consider myself an entertaining drinker.

Anyone care to show the new kids the secret stashes of the area? I'll be doing the remainder of the NW race series once we get there, so you'll see me around.

you shouldnt actually miss any of the races, exept maybe one PA race. soooo much snow up here this year.

but im sure once you ride the common trails sst, colonnade, etc. people will start to tell you of the hidden gems around.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

there's a lot of distance between seattle and everett. boeing?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wife's in the service, I am going to be working in Seattle. Its a compromise for NAS Whidbey, and we can afford the rent there.

Driving isn't an issue to me. I am used to 12 hours one way for races and riding weekends, so that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Just looking for some good folk to ride, dig and drink with.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Wife's in the service, I am going to be working in Seattle. Its a compromise for NAS Whidbey, and we can afford the rent there.

Driving isn't an issue to me. I am used to 12 hours one way for races and riding weekends, so that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Just looking for some good folk to ride, dig and drink with.
The traffic North out of Seattle is pretty brutal at 4pm. You might want to consider that. It wears on you.

The racing should be really good this year. We have a full series. There is also the idaho national, as well as BC cup races in Canada.
Whistler is also less than 4 hours from Everett.
You'll have fun.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
The traffic North out of Seattle is pretty brutal at 4pm. You might want to consider that. It wears on you.

The racing should be really good this year. We have a full series. There is also the idaho national, as well as BC cup races in Canada.
Whistler is also less than 4 hours from Everett.
You'll have fun.

Yeah, the traffic going north out of seattle sucks, but the traffic once you hit everett is probably even worse. Plus there has been construction on everett's section of I-5 for as long as I can remember. It takes me about an hour to get home from seattle to Lynnwood at 5:30 pm. Thank god I don't have to drive all the way to everett.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
everett is pretty dialed as far as riding goes, you can still get to all the good stuff down south without too much hassle and you've got good riding up north in b-ham just an hour away. With whistler just 4.5 hrs north and even some local stuff to keep you happy when you dont have time for a real ride you'll be pretty happy.