Quantcast

Moving to Vicenza

darkness777

Chimp
Feb 25, 2011
soon to be italy
hey i noticed this forum hasn't been posted in for a while but im hoping some one is still looking here and can help me out. im moving to vicenza in a few months and will probably be there for about three or four years and i was wondering if anyone could tell me where there are good dh trails in the area.

jonnymojo

Chimp
Mar 2, 2011
Was there last summer and did a bit of riding but mainly cross country and road. However, you'll be right at the base of the Alps and have loads of major riding centers within a relatively short drive, so you really couldn't be in a better spot for DH. You'll find that most of the ski resorts in Italy run lifts in the summer for bikes. I'm based about 2 hours south of vicenza, and do downhill at Abetone gravity park and its not bad.

jonnymojo

Chimp
Mar 2, 2011
Have you looked at Lake Garda yet? I think its within an hour or so of Vicenza and its supposed to be the best mountain biking in Europe. Also, this has been what I'm checking out for the summer in the Dolomites... It's a bike park with about 14 lifts over a huge rideable area. Also worth checking out is a place called Livigno to the north.

http://www.mountainpass.it/index.php?lang=en

darkness777

Chimp
Feb 25, 2011
soon to be italy
Actually i was just researching those two areas, lake garda is definately one ogf the closest places that i've found so far and theres the mottolino bike park in livigno, and there are also some trails near finale ligure near livigno