Quantcast

Moving?

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I'm 16, and my family is thinking about moving to Virginia or North Carolina. Is there any lift-accessed DH in the area? Also, how is the DH racing scene?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
There is Snowshoe in West Virginia. I havent been there yet, but check out the pictures in the threads of opening weekend. There is also Wintergreen in Southwest VA, but..... they suck, so you dont want to go there.

In MD, there is the 'shed, which is shuttled pretty much every weekend.

The NORBA circuit is Massanutten in VA, Blue Knob in PA, Wisp in MD, and Snowshoe in WV. This is my first year racing, and all that has happened is Massanutten, but there are lots of other experianced people who can chime in on how the other races are.

If you end up movin' here, hook up with some local :monkey:'s They are mostly cool guys and gals, just stay away from that BigMike guy :)

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Originally posted by Tully
That sounds pretty good. What are the best cities/counties for the area for aggressive riding in general?
Since the mountains are in the western part of the state Roanoke and Harrisonburg (good college town, hint...hint...Dad) are within short distance from tons of great riding. But even living down here in the flat of Richmond isn't all bad. There's some good riding to be had around here and only a 4 hour drive to Snowshoe WV and all the riding in between.

As far as NC goes Ashville is the place. Don't let them move you to Eastern NC, if they do run (ride) away from home!!!!! Or take up bass fishing.

As BigMike said the :monkey: 's are cool around here and would be glad to show you around.

Mike

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
there is also a great dh series in the south east thats hosted by maxxis you can check out that series in the south forum just do a search on the series. we can hook you up on some good ridin and some great racing.