Quantcast

MP3 Users

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
KNine said:
I am looking to buy an MP3 player to use when riding. Other then IPOD what are some other good players on the market?

Sorry if this has been hashed about before.
Dude, go to Wal Mart and pick one up. If ya break it ridning, it ain't no big deal. Just get another.

They are cool however.

edit: Rio makse a really good player as was pointed out.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
I have a rio carbon 6mb. only 199 if you look around. More storage than the Ipod mini and better sound not to mention a little smaller.

Battery life isn't so hot but it's not with the ipod either.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
go to www.techbargains.com they are powered by price grabber lots of reviews on mp3 players. Watch out though. mp3 players will get you because the one you're looking at is a nice price, but the next size up is only a little bit more, and the next one up from that...and that....and that....

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I have a Creative Labs mp3 player which I love so far. One thing you might want to keep in mind though is looking for one that does not use a hard drive. From what I have been told all of the jostling that you would incur while riding will wreak havoc on a hard drive.

BFTimby

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
i picked up one of those ****ty little hong kong made ones off of ebay, $25 shipped for 256mb and it works...not bad i say

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
just get one flash based if your gonna use it riding.. no hard drives.. flash based wont get effed up from shock and vibration. im more than happy with my Shuffle. great battery life easy to use and compact.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I have a 5GB creative zen micro and love it... much better than the ipod mini.

Why, you ask?

Smaller, longer battery life, replaceable batteries (you have to send an ipod to apple for a new battery), doesn't look all fruity, full graphic equalizer, up tp 4GB of removable USB storage (on my 5GB, more on the 6GB), includes an actual charger and case (you have to spend an extra $30+ to get them for your ipod), available with a black face, cheaper.... and much more. I was holding this in one hand and an Ipod mini in the other, and the creative was definitely the better choice.

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Having used a Creative Zen, Creative MuVo, Apple iPod, iPod Mini, and more Rio products then I care to remember, my personal selection is an iPod Mini.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
fiddy_ryder said:
just get one flash based if your gonna use it riding.. no hard drives.. flash based wont get effed up from shock and vibration. im more than happy with my Shuffle. great battery life easy to use and compact.
:stupid: The smartest thing I've read on the net today. I was going to post the exact same thing until he scooped me...bastard.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
yeah, i have a shuffle and it rocks. neither extreme cold (snowboarding) or extremem heat (mtb in summer) has hurt it. 12 hour battery life owns as well. ive dropped it on concrete multiple times and it still works perfect. my only complaint it that the headphones lost their bass the first week.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
mcA896 said:
yeah, i have a shuffle and it rocks. neither extreme cold (snowboarding) or extremem heat (mtb in summer) has hurt it. 12 hour battery life owns as well. ive dropped it on concrete multiple times and it still works perfect. my only complaint it that the headphones lost their bass the first week.
I haven't had bass loss, but my pause doesn't work all the time after getting smashed 3 times in wrecks. It's got a lot of deep, diagonal scratches on it. Very custom! :thumb:

Oh, and the neck strap broke too, so I'm using a blue shoe lace... :monkey:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
reflux said:
:stupid: The smartest thing I've read on the net today. I was going to post the exact same thing until he scooped me...bastard.

:nuts: :eviltongu i have a drive based one i used when snowboarding.. one wipe out and max velocity and it almost to a bit chit on me with 6 gigs of music :nope: never again.. shuffle all the way.