Quantcast

MRIs are teh suck

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Getting an MRI tomorrow for a shoulder injury that hasn't healed in the last 5 months. Guess that's why they say "gotta pay to play." I fvcking hate those machines so much but I just found out that at least they let you bring a CD to listen to. :clapping:

If I had known that in the past I think things would've been ssssoooooooo much easier. :banghead:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I should've asked if I could bring a tape.

I don't think I even have any blank CDs because it's been so long since I've wanted to listen to one.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Yeah it's normally either ear plugs or their special headphones (which don't help very much). The 2 times I've had them before, I've been forced to listen to pop-country music. They are so loud and horrible though.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Getting an MRI tomorrow for a shoulder injury that hasn't healed in the last 5 months. Guess that's why they say "gotta pay to play." I fvcking hate those machines so much but I just found out that at least they let you bring a CD to listen to. :clapping:

If I had known that in the past I think things would've been ssssoooooooo much easier. :banghead:

we can compare notes when you get your results. I messed my shoulder up July 5. I meet with the surgeon (again) in a month to maybe decide what they are going to do. I've got a small labral tear which have about a 50/50 record of good surgical fixes. Bleah.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I've had 6 MRIs and I never got to bring a CD. I was always forced to listen to Country or Christian because those were the only two stations that came in at the Doctors Office.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
we can compare notes when you get your results. I messed my shoulder up July 5. I meet with the surgeon (again) in a month to maybe decide what they are going to do. I've got a small labral tear which have about a 50/50 record of good surgical fixes. Bleah.
I know how you feel. I messed mine up in a crash on May 9th and the initial prognosis had me back to 100% by now but I'm only around 75% at most. Now they decide to give me an MRI. We should definitely compare notes - I'll know my fate on this coming Monday.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
i had a cat scan and they kept giving me iv because they forgot that they gave it to me. so i had to pee but at the same time there was blood in my pee because of a severely hurt kidney.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Yeah it's normally either ear plugs or their special headphones (which don't help very much). The 2 times I've had them before, I've been forced to listen to pop-country music. They are so loud and horrible though.
Ugh gad. Last time we were in the hospital the pop country was blaring from the intercom. I almost killed someone.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MRI's aren't that bad....I hav gotten used to them. I can never get comfortable enough to sleep in there though!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
MRI's aren't that bad....I hav gotten used to them. I can never get comfortable enough to sleep in there though!
Yeah, me too. Once you've had like 5 or 6 you don't even notice the noise or how long it takes. And if it's shorter than the last one your always happily surprised.

CT scans are the bomb though! Quick, easy, cool sounding machine and really cool pics!