Quantcast

MRP Stage damper bleed / full service?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Anyone got any experience with %SUBJ%? I asked MRP about 200hrs service instructions for Stage but they sent me instructions for 200mm Groove which cannot be any more different (dual crown, upside down, IFP instead of a bladder, but with a piggyback). All I've found is this video which looks legit. Of course, it showcases $50 proprietary tools... :twitch:

Since bladder and not IFP, can I replace oil just by pouring old out and refilling with new through the top opening?

I've been expecting a bit better documentation of their service steps. :banghead:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ping, anyone has any servicing experience with these? I've tried to re-bleed mine, and ran into some problems. There are no manuals, no videos, no schemas available anywhere. I've just asked MRP to send me a servicing manual for the fork again but my hopes aren't very high at this point.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Aaand they delivered and gave me what I needed. Kudos to MRP, they sent me their damper service videos. The Stage is quite easy to work on when you know what you need to do.

Dom-fr

Chimp
Oct 21, 2017
Hi there.

I am experiencing the same issue's you had with mrp. Could you please forward me the informations you recieved?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hijacking this thread with additional Stage content. One of those two air spring assemblies is over engineered, one is over priced. I hope that the newer simpler FullFill air spring will finally fix all air spring troubles I've been having in the past months.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Now some more Ribbon info. The Ribbon damper can be bled with the same tools as the Stage, but there are minor differences. 1. the top cap is removed with a cassette locking nut - that is a nice change. 2. Unlike the Stage, the top cap has a bleed port with a tiny screw & o-ring that has to be removed before you install the bleed cup & valve tool. It took me a while to figure out why the heck my bleeding attempts weren't bleeding the damper. Side note: just like the Stage, when you remove the damper top cap with shimz, friction also unthreads the damper tube a bit. Thread it all in with a 4mm allen key engaging the holes in the tube, then back off 3/4 of a rotation.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
1. the top cap is removed with a cassette locking nut - that is a nice change.
I remember the first marzocchi I had with that feature. I thought "finally, about damn time someone uses some existing stuff rather than a crazy 32mm socket or whatever".