Quantcast

MRP System 3 doesn't fit

Gelbwurstbrot

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Franken, Germany
MRP System 3 won't fit :confused:
The chain ring is much too narrow at the guide.
It completely touches the slider plates.

Before a Mr. Dirt was attached without any problems.
My frame hasn't got an ISCG mount so I use the adapter from the Mr. Dirt Guide.

But the slider plates from the MRP are much too thick.

:help:

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Can't u adjust the plates? Maybe I'm not understading what your asking. Do you have pictures?

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
no cause you put it inbetween the bb cup and iscg adapter [ as i said up there^^^] this will keep the chainguide in but move the axel out

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
what you really need is a chainguide designed to work on that frame, or with an iscg adapter. The mr dirt adapter was designed to space out a mr dirt..not an mrp.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
my friend had the smae problem you might have to do some modification on your bike in order to get it to fit

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
Trandsend is on the money. The MRP ISCG adapter is a lot narrower than the E13 and Mr Dirt ones, that would be the first port of call i think.

Gelbwurstbrot

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Franken, Germany
Daver said:
Trandsend is on the money. The MRP ISCG adapter is a lot narrower than the E13 and Mr Dirt ones, that would be the first port of call i think.
But both are designed for the ISCG standard.
How could be the adapter diffrent when the ISCG mount has on each frame same dimensions? :confused:

At the moment I use a 118 mm Race Face Singnature DH.
Frame has a 135 mm axle.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Gelbwurstbrot said:
But both are designed for the ISCG standard.
How could be the adapter diffrent when the ISCG mount has on each frame same dimensions? :confused:
because each frames tab placements are different. If they designed it say, for an intense m3 and their guide, it won't work well on an mrp on an orange for example. Diff guides require diff depths and spacing.

On the e13s for example, you set the backplate adapter in place, then you space the backplate in and out until you get it setup perfectly for your ride.

You need a proper adapter, and it sounds like, a longer BB axle to space the ring out further.

Gelbwurstbrot

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Franken, Germany
How can the fitting of the chain guide be depending on the spacing of the adapter if I assemble the back plate on the back side of the adapter ? ( the flat side of the adapter touches the back plate)

If I use the space out side (front) of the adapter, the back plate reaches out even more :think:

73 mm bb shell/ 118 mm bb

I can try to assamble the back plate on the front (spaced) side of the adapter, as it is mounted with the spaced side to the frame.
But I think then it will touch the frame

This is too much for my poor english :dead: