Quantcast

MS 150 Tour De Vine (VA) My first century ride!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Well, it's my first year back on the bikes after a serious accident in '99. I decided to get serious and set some pretty high goals for myself. I was asked by a co-worker if I would be interested in doing the MS 150 for our work team and it sounded like a great idea so I hoped aboard. I had just planned on going the typical 75/75 mile split but found out the week before that they had a century option. I decided I was doing well and might be strong enough to go for the century. Well, the weekend has passed and I had a total blast. The course was very rough with high winds all Saturday which is the day I planned to do my century. It also turned out to be the more brutal of the two days courses so it was a definite challenge. I ended up finishing off the 102 miles in about 6 hours of riding (about 30 minutes of breaks/lunch deducted) at an average speed of 17mph! I felt great up until mile 60 and then the hurt started to set in. I was cramping by mile 72 and just kept pounding accelerade and was able to keep a full cramping lock at bay. It was a great day spent with a great group of people for an even better cause.

Here are some pic's :cool:

*Edit, pic's currently are not working. I'll try to get some fixed links and edit them in later.