Quantcast

MS (nbr)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm totally weirded out. This lady at work went to her doctor about 2 months ago because she had tingling in her hands and arms. They did a bunch of tests and couldn't find anything wrong. Then she started getting it in her legs. Turns out she has MS and now she's in a wheelchair with no lower body control. Why the hell can't they cure stuff like this?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I work at a deli downtown, and this regular would walk in everyday, no issues, and after being diagnosed with MS she was in a wheelchair in about 3-4 months. Scary ****. Sucks ass.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I am sorry to hear about your coworker. I have a good friend over 20 years my senior, who has been living with the slow degenerative effects of MS... every so often he has a bout of super stiffness etc. and after it he never completely gets back to where he was prior to the stiffness... He and I were riding partners, of both Motorcycles and Mtn bikes, he can't do either anymore and it depresses the hell out of me... It sucks to see him like that... it is a horrible disease!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your co-worker. She should keep her spirits up though...my mother was diagnosed with MS in 1996. It amazes me because the disease was quite advanced and the Drs. detected it after she had surgery for a herniated (I have no idea how to spell that) disc (result of a car accident) and the numbness she was feeling didn't go away. We were all shocked. Luckily she has her motor skills still, but the vertigo is bad lately and she has a walker & a cane (that she hates to use but has to rely on more heavily than she used to).

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
MS comes in a couple forms, And i dont know the names or very much about it. One is acute and aggressive, while the other takes years to come into full swing. Some diseases just arent Cureable. Your coworker will be in my Prayers tonight

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
DirtyMike said:
MS comes in a couple forms, And i dont know the names or very much about it. One is acute and aggressive, while the other takes years to come into full swing. Some diseases just arent Cureable. Your coworker will be in my Prayers tonight
I believe there are 4 or 5 clinical courses to it, characterized by the relapse/recovery period of the disease, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Heidi said:
I'm totally weirded out. This lady at work went to her doctor about 2 months ago because she had tingling in her hands and arms. They did a bunch of tests and couldn't find anything wrong. Then she started getting it in her legs. Turns out she has MS and now she's in a wheelchair with no lower body control. Why the hell can't they cure stuff like this?
:( :(

My sister has MS. She was fine throughout her childhood, then one day when she was 18 she fell down and that was it. Shortly thereafter she was diagnosed with MS. She's now confined to a wheelchair.

We've got our annual MS bike tour coming up in June! I expect to see MMcG and Douglas there again. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Out here in the PNW we have the highest rate of MS in the country. I saw on the news that they think there could be a link between lack of sunlight, and whatever vitamin that comes from.:teacher:

It's a horrible disease that effects everyone differently. My aunt was diagnosed 18 years ago and is still doing 'okay'. My sister was diagnosed 7 years ago and she is in wheelchair.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
My Aunt has had it for as long as I can remember and it is only now just appearing to affect her. She has not lost total control yet but it is looking like that stage is not too far away. It is quite sad.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
well for some good news, the Houston to Austin MS150 (actually 180miles) reopened registration to allow 500 more participations. Registration maxed 3 months before the ride. I believe the total rider number will be 13,500 at minimum $300 pledge per person!

Heidi said:
Now I'm weirded out. I went to the doc about a year ago for the same thing. He said there was nothing wrong with me too. I went to the neuologist and the test came back fine - and then it went away. **knock on wood**

To add to IABs spam, I'm the captain of the CT MS society bike tour team. The ride is on Sunday June 4, 2006.

To join our team or to make a pledge, please visit our team page https://www.nationalmssociety.org//CTN/personal/my_team.asp?pa=50194311&pd=CTN0EODB20060604GRI

our team name is Peanut Butter Jelly Time

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I Are Baboon said:
:( :(

My sister has MS. She was fine throughout her childhood, then one day when she was 18 she fell down and that was it. Shortly thereafter she was diagnosed with MS. She's now confined to a wheelchair.

We've got our annual MS bike tour coming up in June! I expect to see MMcG and Douglas there again. :)
I'd love to join in...if I get a road bike by then!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My sister in law has MS. She is very active (Teaches skating, skiis, water and snow) and has gone through a couple new courses of therapies. She also speaks on behalf of one of the drug companies to Docs, pimping the new meds. So far, so good!
My wife and I did the MS ride (Chicago to Lake Geneva) a few years ago. Great time for a great cause!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I have a friend that was diagnosed with MS and for years underwent treatment, turned out it was just an allergy.

My aunt was diagnosed with it also, and that day voluntarily put herself in a wheelchair and never got up again, even though she was still able to. I think she just wanted to be waited on.