Quantcast

MSA during world champs

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
What’s the DH trail situation at MSA during world champs weekend? Is it worth bringing a DH bike, or are most of the trails closed for the race? We have a big crew going up Thursday to Tuesday (I think), staying about 40 minutes from MSA, but close to Sentier du Moulin and Empire 47. Both look like great trail bike trails, but I’d love to get some DH in if what’s open at MSA is worth bringing the DH bike.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I don’t own a DH bike since 2014 and I personally find the best MSA has to offer is Enduro(TM) riding from the gondola. I’m not into super gnarly steep and technical shit anymore. I could propose some great runs if you bring a pedally bike just let me know.

There is a lot the gnarly DH shit if that’s what you’re looking for and that could certainly be worth it for you to bring the DH bike. The 1837 has received some love last year and is in good shape. Trails like the Tak-Tak-Tak, Inuk, Érablière, Vietnam and other hidden stuff are great.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Quebec is awesome. I haven't ridden Sentiers du Moulin yet, but Neilson over at VBN is one of the best trails I've ever ridden.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Yeah, we’ll have our trail bikes for sure. Staying at Stoneham mountain. Close to Sentiers du Moulin.
Make sure you try the Wolverine trail at Sentiers du Moulin. It involves a lot of climbing to get to the trailhead and some roads to get back, but it's worth it...It's an amazing trail. I'd say about 90% of the trail is on granite rock slabs, with steep shit all along (think Squamish-style).

I don't recommend riding it alone.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Make sure you try the Wolverine trail at Sentiers du Moulin. It involves a lot of climbing to get to the trailhead and some roads to get back, but it's worth it...It's an amazing trail. I'd say about 90% of the trail is on granite rock slabs, with steep shit all along (think Squamish-style).

I don't recommend riding it alone.
I’ve watched a few videos of that trail. Looks awesome. How much climbing are we talking about? Asking for a friend...

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I’ve watched a few videos of that trail. Looks awesome. How much climbing are we talking about? Asking for a friend...
Nothing crazy, about 200m (650ft) of gravel roads. Make sure to get good directions at the trail center. There are indications, but I can imagine people getting lost if they miss a sign.