Quantcast

MSA World Cup 2012

dublindh

Chimp
Jun 22, 2008
great decision on m.e.s.'s part hopefully mitch can achieve his potential with the factory backing

good call sean

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
1. Gwin
2. Hill
3. Minnaar
4. Smith
5. Gee
Bryceland, Cole, Hart, MacDonald, Beaumont top 10

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
minnaar typically doesn't do well on these longer courses with lots of endurance and strength and balls out speed.

Just kidding, he and gwin are going to decimate the competition, and hill and atherton will make a solid showing. I'm hoping gee finally gets to have a solid run with no mechs.

And i'd be SFP if Mikey Sylvestri made top 20.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Smith FTW on home soil, Matt Beer top 20. That's all I care about.
Any changes to the track?

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Also, it be nice to see more coverage of the top of the track instead of the usual, under the chair lift wide open stuff and the obligatory middle rock garden. I mean that stuff is sick, but the top woods section is unreal, if you have ever ridden that track you knwo what I am talkin about.
Tri Ride did a wicked edit of MSA last year called The Punhisher which focused alot more on the wooded sections which I find alot of edits and movies over the years shyd away from.
my 2 cents.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'd like to see Mitch Ropelato take advantage of his opportunity with the big S and make a good showing. Kid's got gobs of talent and I think it's only a matter of time for him.

As for the win, I'm going with Minnaar.

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
I made another spreadsheet, top 10 at the last five races at MSA.

Hill owns this track. DNS last year. Four races prior, he won 3X, 2nd the other.

Minnaar won once, top 5 3X. Crashed last year, forgot what his problem was in 2009.

Gwin won last year, top 5 3X, top 10 in 2008, his first race EVAR.

Last year was hella close. .5secs difference between 1, 2, 3. MSA was the "young guns" podium, with none of the legacy riders like Greg, Gee, Hill, Peat in the top 10. Hill was injured and DNS. Greg crashed and took 18th. Gee flatted.

Hill put 2.5secs into Stevie at the 2010 Champs.

I think this race will be pretty close.

Attachments

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Stevie had that huck-a-buck in the rocks and almost lost it. I bet it would have been down to the wire otherwise.

Wasn't 2009 the year Greg had shoulder problems? Was MSA the race he popped his shoulder out mid-run?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Fun stuff...but Peat would probably be leading the list if you go back through the last 20 years of MSA haha.
Hill certainly will be winning the longest travel to MSA award! haha

I made another spreadsheet, top 10 at the last five races at MSA.

Hill owns this track. DNS last year. Four races prior, he won 3X, 2nd the other.

Minnaar won once, top 5 3X. Crashed last year, forgot what his problem was in 2009.

Gwin won last year, top 5 3X, top 10 in 2008, his first race EVAR.

Last year was hella close. .5secs difference between 1, 2, 3. MSA was the "young guns" podium, with none of the legacy riders like Greg, Gee, Hill, Peat in the top 10. Hill was injured and DNS. Greg crashed and took 18th. Gee flatted.

I think this race will be pretty close.

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
Stevie got LOOSE through the rocks, so close to crashing, but I don't think it really slowed him down too much. That was a fun race to watch. Hope he can get on the top step this year.

I looked it up, Minnaar crashed in 2009:
http://www.sicklines.com/2009/07/26/santa-cruz-syndicate-world-cup-6-mont-sainte-anne-quebec/
Kind of funny to read this a few years later.... 2009 MSA was Gwin's first podium. Peat and Barel on the podium. Hill, the man to beat.... how things change.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia

2007 according to my Earthed History.
I have to watch that whole movie again; I forgot that Greg was on Honda that season.

Quebec likes to think they could separate but maple syrup isn't going to pay the bills. They'd rather cry about separating and get the feds to throw more money at them.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
frasier probably got made fun of all the time by french people wen he lived here.

everyone who comes from outside into my province,all say the same thing how amazing it is.

minus the taxes and the roads.

We gon steal your trailer and prototypez again

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Thats pretty damn impressive that Hill has won 3/4 of the last MSA races that he's entered.

And in a few weeks, 3/5 will still be pretty impressive, and he'll still be ahead of gwins 2/5.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
frasier probably got made fun of all the time by french people wen he lived here.

everyone who comes from outside into my province,all say the same thing how amazing it is.

minus the taxes and the roads.

We gon steal your trailer and prototypez again

you are correct about the taxes and roads, but the rest of this is pretty far off ;-)

FakeFrance has a bad enough reputation as it is, and I am sure they would appreciate it if you would stop making it worse.

GingerRider

Chimp
Jul 1, 2010
California
Its pretty hard to get made fun of by french people who can hardly speak correct french, nor by scum bags who brag about taking peoples bikes and trailers. Way to go SUPER DOUCHE! :thumb:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Quebec eh? That explains it. Im Canadian, and the way I look at it is Everything between Halifax and Victoria B.C is my Home Soil. I know you Quebekers look at things different though. :(
Does that make Newfoundland a republic then?!?! ;)

Seems to me that Mitch Delfs is the WC rider that spends to most time in La Belle Province... I'd give him "home soil" advantage. But I don't think it's going to help him much. I still see the top five like so:

Minnaar
Gwin
Hill
Hart
Cole

Ragot
Atherton
Nicole
Pugin
Siegenthaler

ps can we keep the political asshat-ery in the Lounge please...

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Does that make Newfoundland a republic then?!?! ;)

Seems to me that Mitch Delfs is the WC rider that spends to most time in La Belle Province... I'd give him "home soil" advantage. But I don't think it's going to help him much. I still see the top five like so:

Minnaar
Gwin
Hill
Hart
Cole

Ragot
Atherton
Nicole
Pugin
Siegenthaler

ps can we keep the political asshat-ery in the Lounge please...

Agreed, wasnt trying to stir the pot just a good crack at some French man thats all. I could care less, I actually love Quebec and do a bike trip there every year.

Watch this for some stoke.

http://www.triridemtb.com/the-punisher-mont-sainte-anne-tri-ride-video/

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
The rock garden is already scared.

Gwin, Hill and Minnaar, than Bulldog, Hart and the Lapierre boys, though I'm not sure in which order. Gee gets a wild card.
Would love to see Brendog in the top ten but it seems like he's got a bit too much of Swiss air in his lungs ;)

I really hope Fairclough and Macdonald find back to their pace. I love the riding of these guys.

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
Looks like rain..... might have to change up my predictions if it's gonna be sloppy.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
So the whole top section is different. Interesting. Gonna be a sick race, lots of Canadians on the Start List.