Quantcast

MSC/NORBA/Cal State combined schedule

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Just incase anyone was interested. The combined schedule helped me get a perspective of what races I'd rather make and what I'd rather miss.

March 28–30, NORBA #1 / Cal State #1 Fontana, CA

April 17-20, Sea Otter Classic, Montery CA

April, 26, 27 Cal State #2 Wordward West CA

May 17-18, NORBA # 3 Santa Ynez, Ted Chamberlin Ranch, Los Olivos, CA

May 23-26 MSC #3, The Chile Challenge, Angel Fire, NM

May, 31-1 Cal State #3, Fontana, CA

June 20-22 MSC #5, Wildflower Rush Crested Butte, CO

June 28–29, NORBA #4 Deer Valley, Park City, Utah

July 11-13 MSC #6, Blast the Mass, Snowmass Village, CO

July 12–13, NORBA #5, Windham, New York

August 1-3 (tentative date), MSC #7, Full Tilt in Telluride, Telluride, CO

August 15-17 (tentative date) MSC #8, Keystone Climax, Keystone, CO

August 29-31 MSC #10, Sol Squared, SolVista, CO * MSC Gravity Series Finals

August 30 –1, NORBA Final, Tamarack, Idaho

September 13-14 Cal State #4 Final, Woodward West CA

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Well anyone have affordable hotel recommendations that are close to the resorts in Angle Fire, Crested Butte, Telluride, Keystone, and Sol Vista?

Your car. Lodging in Summit County (near Keystone) is pretty easy, telluride is expensive as is Crested Butte. Sol Vista I think has a decent selection as does Angelfire but you will definitely want to start looking soon

BTW thanks for posting that up, saves me time and energy, now all I have to do is print it out with a note for my boss telling him I will send him post cards all summer cause I am OUT

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Your car. Lodging in Summit County (near Keystone) is pretty easy, telluride is expensive as is Crested Butte. Sol Vista I think has a decent selection as does Angelfire but you will definitely want to start looking soon

BTW thanks for posting that up, saves me time and energy, now all I have to do is print it out with a note for my boss telling him I will send him post cards all summer cause I am OUT
Thanks. I already started doing some digging around the resort sites for lodging. Most of the stuff is pretty steep, and some stuff is already unavailable. But I'm driving from CA for all the CO, NM, and UT races so i don't mind staying 15-25 miles away from the resort in some dive motel.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
cheers to you for doing this mang
No problem. The only thing questionable is the Cal States. I didn't know they were doing 4 rounds instead of the normal 2. According to southridges site the NORBA #1 and the Cal State #1 are the same weekend, so I guess they're just making the points go towards both. Seems weird.

Anyone know if you need your usacycling license to race expert for the MSC series?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
do you know which ones are UCI races too? And isn't the the keyesville MSC in march?
There is no MSC in March. MSC #1 is April 12-13 in Fruita, but no DH hence why it's not on my list. As far as UCI goes, I really have no idea. I decided I don't really care this year either and picked the most fun looking races to attend, and didn't consider points.
I'm attending;
NORBA #1/Cal State #1, Fontana, CA March 28-30
Maybe Cal State #2, Woodward West, CA April 26-27
MSC #3, Chile Challenge, Angle Fire, NM May 23-26
Cal State #3, Fontana, CA May 31-1
MSC #5, Wildflower Rush, Crested Butte, CO June 20-22
MSC #7, Full Tilt in Telluride, Telluride, CO August 1-3
MSC #8, Keystone Climax, Keystone, CO August 15-17
MSC #10, Sol Sqared, SolVista, CO August 29-31
Cal State #4, Woodward West, CA September 13-14

Should all work out I hope.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Chile Challenge, Blast the Mass, and the Keystone Climax are all UCI level 2 events for DH, with Chile and Blast pending level 1. Chile and Blast are also UCI level 2 for MX. This don't mean they're World Cups or anything, but they are races you can be awarded UCI points.