Quantcast

Mt. Anterrible to Little Brown’s, Holy Goodness.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A line of Rid Eggs, a Yeti and a Rocky Mountain winding their way up a Rocky Mountain.
20200627_105016.jpg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I tell you what isn't awesome. Spending four hours getting to the top of a mountain and then the moment you reach the steep, boulder and rock covered single-track descent starting at ~12750ft - you slice a big gash in your front sidewall as everyone vanishes below the horizon.

edit: Also, that photo above shows the non-rocky section of that piece of trail. :D

Last edited:

pianoman84d

Chimp
Jun 29, 2020
edit: Also, that photo above shows the non-rocky section of that piece of trail. :D
[/QUOTE]

Can confirm the truth of the above statement...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My ribs found a rocky section of Apex...
I thought you were riding the road up Evans? I'd have been able to ride an Apex lap with you yesterday afternoon given that I live off the top of the trail!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yes, that was the plan. We did a auper last minute shuttle of Apex Sunday afternoon, i doubt you were home yet. That trail is fucking amazing, but i am pretty sure i broke a few ribs.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
No, the gut. Small rock drop to wheel getting stuffed in a hole. Ejected hard. I got very lucky that i just hit dirt tread, and no rocks. I was eising with REALLY fast guys, and didnt know the trail. Still rode out ok, though. Adrenaline is amazing.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
If we get a good weather day in the next couple weeks without afternoon thunderstorms I may try this. I'm a little concerned about the gnarliness of the DH though

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If we get a good weather day in the next couple weeks without afternoon thunderstorms I may try this. I'm a little concerned about the gnarliness of the DH though
My wife had the same concern. The first half mile is really tough, after that you're all set for mucho fun.

Finding the trail is the toughest part, you have to head downhill across the tundra from the gate marked private.