Quantcast

Mt. Baldy....Any Updates?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Went back a few pages here in the So. Cal. forums and haven't seen anything for awhile. Was also checking out the AMBP website and it didn't look like there was any new news.

I see that there is approval for trails, but I didn't see anything about having approval to use the lifts. Obviously it's winter time (although it's tough to tell here in So. Cal. sometimes) so there probably isn't much happening, but thought that I would ask anyways......isn't the "head honcho" of the AMBP on RM? Ciaran I believe is his name?

Thanks for any info :thumb:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Right now, the archeologists/geologists/biologists there, (I think) looking for bones and stuff, to find reasons not to build trails, basicly.

I'm pretty sure, the trails have been approved. It is just taking a while. Its BS, that they have to look all over the area for stuff, when there will only be a few narrow trails and a jump/practice area.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Ciarian and myself, along with some valuable individuals are as on top of things as you can be while working our respective 9-5's and still having a life. I drove by Baldy this morning and could see snow (sorta). Trail building will begin within the next few weeks. So for an update, I guess you could say we have put the key in the ignition and now it's time to start the motor. Open date is still looming around late spring April/Mayish.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
We are very close to announcing the date for the first dig day. We'll be announcing as soon as possible so everyone can clear their calendars. We are looking at early March

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So Cal
All i know about mt baldy is some stupid little flyer that mtbrider gave to me. Are there lift that you can take up? How far away from Santa Barbara is it? Thanks - Oliver.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I gave that to you and others during the NWD6 premeir at sharkys in SB. On the flyer is a website; did you read it? The website will answer your questions. If it doesn't, try google.