Quantcast

Mt. Hood Meadows Freestyle Bike Snow Jump

teamshocker

Chimp
Apr 6, 2006
WASHINGTON!
Hey I was wondering if any fellow riders have been to this event before. What exactly is the set up? Is it just one big jump or set up like a slopestyle? I'd like to compete I just want to know what to expect. For you that don't know what I'm talking about here is some informating below.. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

I just got word from Douglas Johnson at GFRA that Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort is having a freestyle bike jump comp on Saturday, April 29. The Gorge Freeride Assocation (http://www.gfra.org/) in Hood River, Oregon, is building the jump and are running the competition. They expect between 50 and 100 competitors, based on the number of freestylers who frequent the Gorge, and pulling from the Portland market.

They will have two divisions: Pro and Open. Any competitor can sign up for either - the prize package for the pros is larger than open - $750 for pros and $400 for open. They are looking for support with prizes as well as cash to offset the prize packages. They expect 2500 people in attendance the day of the bike event (depending on weather).

If you need more info or are interested in supporting this event, you can contact: www.gfra.org or

Dave Tragethon, Marketing & Sales Director
Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort
1975 SW 1st Ave Suite M
Portland, OR 92701
ph: 503.287.5438 x190
fax: 503.227.7693