Quantcast

Mt Hood Race

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Anyone going. I have 3 empty seats in my truck leaving from seattle. 4 if you're friendly.
No one has claimed them and I hate to drive 3 hours alone.
(ie, I need gas money)

Alternatively, anyone leaving from seattle who has one empty seat. We can go Friday night or uber-early Saturday morning.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
buildyourown said:
Anyone going. I have 3 empty seats in my truck leaving from seattle. 4 if you're friendly.
No one has claimed them and I hate to drive 3 hours alone.
(ie, I need gas money)

Alternatively, anyone leaving from seattle who has one empty seat. We can go Friday night or uber-early Saturday morning.

Tyler,

My wife and kid arent into it so i am solo. The weather outlook is harsh, but i dont wanna bail since ive wanted to check it out, and Ive said i'd go. Im down for an early saturday. If we pooled (in your truck) I could meet you in Olympia just off the freeway. Theres a starbucks if you need refreshments..... Are you 100% going??? I know Tacoma Lad, and Megan Black were also interested in the race..... Problem is getting everyone together to pool and still get there early. When we did hood earler this year (not a race) it was just about 3 hrs from OLY to the bottom of hood.

Ill watch this thread for more info......

D

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
Tyler,
I want to go so what ever day you are going is cool. If it is sat then we might want to all meet up at the place oly was talking about because I live in tacoma I know oly lives in well....oly so if you are coming this way we could all meet up in oly. so what I am getting at is I GOT GAS MONEY IF YOU GOT THE RIDE. Oh ya SAT would be best so I can go and see the movie CAPT CRUNCH has got going on
Nate

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Sounds good. I'll drive. We'll meet at the Starbucks in Olympia on Sat morning.
D, get more specific with directions.
I'll look into practice times and pin down a time.
If Megan Black wants to come, that would be fine.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
buildyourown said:
Sounds good. I'll drive. We'll meet at the Starbucks in Olympia on Sat morning.
D, get more specific with directions.
I'll look into practice times and pin down a time.
If Megan Black wants to come, that would be fine.
Megan Black wants to come.

Practice times are early on Saturday: Lift opens 9am to 10:30. Race is at 11:30.

Sure you guys don't want to leave Friday night???

I'm okay if Saturday morning is the only thing we can do (what would that be...about 5am?), but can I park at someone's place? I'm up in Bothell.

hey just a quick plug for you guys. if this is teh race happening this weekend my friends' badn AMADAN is going to be playing up there sunday afternoon sometime. i highly recomend staying around to wathc them play. a lot of high energy and a blast to watch. so stay around :)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Oly can't leave Friday, so blame him for making you get up early.
With a short practice, I would like to get there at 8. That means leave Olympia at 5. Ouch.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
If we left friday where would we stay? I'd get up a few hours earlier saturday and not have to sleep in a cramped pickup cab with 3 other peeps.... Plus its supposed to rain so pitching a tent might not be so good.

Nate and I can pool together though if you and megan wanna go friday night. I wanted to catch that movie, but didnt realize it was the night before the race. Damn timing......

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Either way is fine.

I have a little car (a.k.a. good gas mileage) with a rack for 2 big bikes, so whoever this is that wants to go Friday night, I can pick them up.

If not, I'll just squeeze in witch you guys Saturday morning and just complain the whole time!

j/k, it's really no problem Saturday morning.

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
I am with D I would love to go friday but where would we stay and camping is looking like that would just suck due to the rain that is forcasted but hey if everyone else is down with that I can suck it up

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
so looks like Saturday it is. Let me break this down to make sure I got it right.

Oly
Tacoma Lad and
me

are all going in BuildYourOwn's truck and we're waiting on him to let us know what time to meet him at Starbuck's in Olympia saturday morning?

right??

Megan Black said:
For you, maybe, for me...more like 3am!

and bibs, i think it was the monkey that drew those directions ;)
I agree, have fun at 5AM!!!! *MUAH*!!! oh wait 3AM, so none of yo :thumb: u all going ot the movie primere? bummer! Ya know Eddie Vedder was in here the other ay with a Sleater Kinney tee-shirt on...weird!! Its a sign! no realy there is a sign on the map :D j/k

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
I'll be at the movie premier. Why not, Friday night just opened for me and I think I'll just bag the sleep idea anyway! Plus it'll get me that much closer to Olympia...

Dancing and Jaeger shots after the movie until 3am anyone?

;)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Megan Black said:
I'll be at the movie premier. Why not, Friday night just opened for me and I think I'll just bag the sleep idea anyway! Plus it'll get me that much closer to Olympia...

Dancing and Jaeger shots after the movie until 3am anyone?

;)

Is that your usual pre-race warm up?

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
buildyourown said:
Is that your usual pre-race warm up?
Well, so far I've only done one race, but now that I think about it, there was a prelude of Jager shots and a 3am bedtime ;)

Might as well start a precedence!