Quantcast

Mt Kearsarge Pt 2 !

splat

Nam I am
OK back in November , I made an Assault on Mt Kearsarge from the west, at the time I didn't realize it didn't go all the way to the top. see http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192402&highlight=kearsarge

Today I went down to Warner to ride it from the South East side, Much longer and higher. I parked down at a Lot just off the high way. 9.5 miles total of road riding ) the first 6 are rolling , and gain about 650 feet . then you enter the state Park and it Gets Mean! 1650 feet in 3.5 miles .

Well The sign Says it all.

SO I have my Mt bike , so LOwer fork to 95 MM , Check , Lockout locked check , seat post raised , check

Off I go, after the first rise I relized I need to raise my seat some more , I still would wait almost a mile before stopping to do so :imstupid:

Cool Street signs

I didn't even Know this place existed

well once past the Park enterance it got narrow and goes up! , but they had just repaved, which was good , because The reports use to say it was really bad pavement .

after about 1.5, 2 miles it flattened out for about 200 yards , and there were some cool rocks to play on so I did :)

well I got to the top of the road portion of our program, and I'm not sure what these guys were doing , was going to ask them on hte way down , but best laid plans ......

So now up this trail about 1/2 mile to the top.

I was able to ride it for about 300 yards then it bacame too rocky so I stashed my Bike on the side of the trail and hiked. well As I had been riding up the last portion I was hearing rumbles well there she is ( on the right side ) there were a ton of people up there till ther was a flash of lightening very close . Ok lets think about this We are on pretty much the highest point in the area , and lightening , we all decided it was time to go down , quickly. the red Arrow is where I parked 9.5 miles away and that Strom is moving right at us!!

I wasn't even half way back to my Bike when it started to rain , not very heavy but enough to put a Nice coating wet on every thing , so Now I'm screaming down this decent in the rain on very wet roads! I was glad I had my Mt bike with the disk Breaks , after about 2 miles I could smell them burning , and I could hear the water sizzeling on the rotors as They got splashed.

I got down A lot faster then I went up and was completly soaked ! , got back to my In-laws and they had not seen a drop of rain. so The boy and I went to a 4way stop just down the street and played

Showing off my Jewish Jersey :)

The boy jumping next to the stop sign