Quantcast

Mt Pisgah ( Mass) Ride Pics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by splat, Sep 25, 2005.

1. splat

splat Nam I am

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 78
    Well Maybe Windows is Bearable ! Unix Rules !
    Now first of all why they call it mt Pisgah , I don't know it is no Mountain , it is a pretty good hill , you can see the city of Boston from 35 miles out , but still it is not a Mountain

But we had herd that about 3 miles of new single track had been cut. and it was all designed and cut ( with approval ) by a Mt Biker.
    WOW , those new trails are great!

But first it was Berkshire_riders's first time there , and we parked on lyman st. so we climbed , and climbed , and climbed and got to the Awesome views that you get from the 2 peaks.

what was interesting , is shortly after we got into the woods off of lyman street. we could see about 100 yards off of the trail were a couple of tents set up. looked like some one set up camp.

anyway we did hte peaks , then did the steep down off of the 2nd one , and Started looking for the new trails , they were not hard to find . and they were awesome !!!
    there were maps at the major intersections , with you are here. and everthing was well marked and Fun! just a great Piece of work

Here is Berkshire_rider doing a step up on the vernal Pool trail

this an interesting little rock on the south ridge loop

Berkshire rider going over said rock

we ran into 3 hikers who were hiking up the rocky section of the south gorge trail. we waited for them , although they said they said we spoiled there fun, they wanted to see the carnage of us riding down that ! niether one of us crashed but wow it was tricky, too bad the pic didn't come out . But overall they were impressed with the trails too.

and fianlly Steve on a spine that is on the howard brook trail

Please register to disable this ad.

2. hooples3

hooples3 Fuggetaboutit!

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    pretty cool !!!!!!! great pics

3. jdcamb

jdcamb Tool Time!

Rep/Likes:
    256 / 2,732
    :thumb: F'n Mass riding is so good! I wish I was able to come back soon. Prolly won't be there til' spring. Time to hunker down for the coming winter.

4. vinnycactus

vinnycactus Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    9 / 20
    ain't that the truth.

good pics splat. we're heading to pisgah in nc in a couple weeks. you guys should come down for some "winter" riding.

5. Konabumm

Konabumm Konaboner

Rep/Likes:
    13 / 67
    I wish we had rocks like that around here. All I have is roots and more roots... Can't forget mud

6. splat

splat Nam I am

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 78
    SOme people don't relize how good we have it !

rocks is one of those things we got lots of ! , and yeah we got the roots and the mud too!

7. berkshire_rider

berkshire_rider Growler

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 10
    :stupid:

The new trails were pretty nice. Here's the one pic I took all day, to prove Splat was riding. :sneaky:

8. rpk1988

rpk1988 90210

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Your rides look like so much fun. I want to join you some day if I ever make it up there.

9. berkshire_rider

berkshire_rider Growler

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 10
    If you ever in the area, let us know. There's lots of good places to ride, and we should be able to hook something up.

10. splat

splat Nam I am

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 78
    Yes , we would be more than happy to show you our large rock collections scattered on the trails of New England

11. rpk1988

rpk1988 90210

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Haha sweet. Well seeing that I am 17, it might be hard to get up there now. But maybe I will see if my parents want to go to Cape Cod or something. Haha.