Quantcast

Mt. Saint Helens

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
i actually want it to go. nothing happens here. But we got our own volcano dammit! NOW DO SOMETHING HELENS! and do it without killing people

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
SebringMGB said:
i actually want it to go. nothing happens here. But we got our own volcano dammit! NOW DO SOMETHING HELENS! and do it without killing people
i think it's lame because it closes down cool trails. And i was around when it blew and it dusted the area, it really wasn't a big deal. And from peoples stories from when they were in the path buried in ash, it really sounded like it sucked.
i wouldn't mind being at a safe distance and seeing an eruption though, definately be something cool to see.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Skookum said:
stupid volcano, couldn't it cross it's legs or somethin...... at least wait til after we rode there this year.... :mad:

Tisk tisk..... always having to hijack the threads for your own glory eh? :nuts:

So does this mean youll be riding soon? Maybe things will calm down soon.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
joelsman said:
Hey skookum
who is that guy on the right? he looks like a guy I used to ride with.

Joel
it's Pat Joubert(sp) otherwise know as pnj on here.... i gotta cool picture of him takin a leak on the mountain. i think it's his fault that the eruptions are happening.....

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
there was a small eruption today at helens, just a little smoke, bad helen :nope: and i guess there has been a lot of earth quakes happrning at baker too, right at the beggining of the second most important season

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
think the best was listening to the dumbass reporters....

"we spoke to individuals in the local villages" wtf? villages?
"Live coverage from Seattle of Mt. Saint Helens erupting" wtf... seattle? man where do they find the idiots...

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
mplutodh1 said:
think the best was listening to the dumbass reporters....

"we spoke to individuals in the local villages" wtf? villages?
"Live coverage from Seattle of Mt. Saint Helens erupting" wtf... seattle? man where do they find the idiots...
there r pretty stupid... the question running through my mind each morning as i watch the news is what r the credentials for the traffic guy :think:

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
Mt. St. Helens was evacuated yesterday....

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002052396_webvolcano02.html
----------nitially, scientists believed yesterday's eruption and weeklong earthquake activity were being caused by older magma devoid of most of the explosive gases associated with the core material.

But as earthquake activity ramped up this morning, scientists began to suspect that fresh magma was moving into the mountain. Seismic monitors were measuring earthquakes above magnitude 3 early this morning.

"This is important because it changes the probabilities of various outcomes," Steele said. "We're looking at unprecedented activity since pre-May 1980." ----------