Quantcast

Mt Snow Bike Fest DH

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i didnt see a thread regarding the bike fest and the DH course there.

i got a email saying they are bringing back the Yard Sale????
i wish i woulda known earlier to i could have went. ive been dying to hit the Yard Sale since they last had it.
theres a longer go around too apparently.

email i got about the race:
So the course is quite fast down Exhibition ski trail, to Lodge over a snowmaking pipe and into Ego Alley. Ego has some good sized drops and off camber pitches as competitors will weave back from riders left to right and then back down the middle. You'll enter the woods through the area most known as Turkey Falls pop out onto a fire road and down to Yard Sale.

At YS you'll have two options to enter:

1) To the left you'll have a small uphill but a better angle coming to riders right of a big sweeping "s" turn.

2) Stay straight for a more flat section but a sharp right hand turn before descending down through yard sale.

Last edited:

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
:picsstfu:

I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if they were just referring to the go around as the "yard-sale" but who knows it would be cool to see that crazy thing back in a course!!!

:rockout:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
People, don't let the fabulous George Ulmer scare you away. The DH is from the top, there's super D, and apparently 4x. If 10$ for parking scares you away from a race then I think you need to reconsider racing. Maybe take up playing chess in the park or something else that old stingy people do. This weekend is going to be sick. That is all.

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
its true we pay a **** load to race. why the hell do we have to pay to park at an event that we had to pay to go to. this is why diablo sucks and pkill is the best.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
the mount snow site says that all parking cash re seeds the course after the event. its not the race organizers as usual it is mt snow. the only place that i know about that charges its customers/aththletes for parking.
i refused to pay for parking last year.told them no. the security guy was beside himself...
hopefully it will be the o6 course

bigh

Chimp
Jul 17, 2008
Omacron Persei 8
whats with all the temper tantrums about parkings? There is a Bike Festival going on all weekend with a ton of events,(Live band,fireworks,group rides,xc,mx,super d,and DH races, etc...) Putting on an event like that costs $$.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
whats with all the temper tantrums about parkings? There is a Bike Festival going on all weekend with a ton of events,(Live band,fireworks,group rides,xc,mx,super d,and DH races, etc...) Putting on an event like that costs $$.
and there you go

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Is the event free, or do you have to pay to get in?
pretty sure the festival activities other than racing..i.e group rides etc are free, you just have to pay for the parking.
if your gonna freeride you will need to buy a lift ticket.

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Not sure why everyone is so amazed about the parking fee, its been the same thing for the past X number of years at the National event. (I realize this isn’t Nationals, but its Mt Snow's big replacement event for the year)

Not saying I agree with it, nothing grinds my gears more than paying for Parking and Camping... :rant: (Camping is $10/person/night! No outside firewood allowed??!? ugh.)

On to more important subjects, the DH and 4x course layout. The DH sounds like a replica of a nationals course from '06? '05? Can't remember but it was Fast and fun, just wish it had a little less ski trail and some more woods. Personally I don’t think Yardsale should be in the course (Call me a pu$$y, I don’t care) but any section of the course that requires a go-around if it rains is ludicrous :think:. I hope most of you can agree with me if you attended past Nationals.

Haven’t heard anything about the 4x course. Is it actually going to be 4x or dual? Pics? Has construction even begun yet?

See everyone this weekend!

-Pete

PS - Why bring any other mountain into discussion? Its irrelevant :bonk:

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
pretty sure the festival activities other than racing..i.e group rides etc are free, you just have to pay for the parking.
if your gonna freeride you will need to buy a lift ticket.
That's cool. I'd have no problem paying to park to attend the event, but I wouldn't want to pay to park then pay to get in.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
As usual mount snow hasn't done a great job marketing the event but I know for a fact the DH is badass. No idea about 4x though, hopefully it will be good. I'm leaving in an hour, I'll be sure to try and post up some pictures of the 4x course.

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
You guys are so lucky. This event sounds awesome, we dream about a line up like this over here. We have to make do with a bit this here and a bit of that there :(
AND its so damn cheap to, not sure why people are getting uptight about $10 :think:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Why don't they just bump the entry fee up $10 and forget about the parking charge. Then, they wouldn't have to pay people to stand out there and collect the parking fee. I think the biggest problem people have is getting nickled and dimed with hidden charges the whole time they are at an event.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why don't they just bump the entry fee up $10 and forget about the parking charge. Then, they wouldn't have to pay people to stand out there and collect the parking fee. I think the biggest problem people have is getting nickled and dimed with hidden charges the whole time they are at an event.
Bingo.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it clearly says that theres a $10 fee for parking. its a bike fair, so you are going to have to pay for other crap anyway, i.e. beer, food, beer.

what other fees are there besides entry fee?

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
Wow you guys are terrible. Who friggen cares about 10 dollars for a multitude of reasons. Also, whoever said include it in the riders fee isn't thinking clearly, yeah because the riders wont freak out over that and plus the VISITORS have to pay it too so you get a lot more ROI for the event. As with just about any sport and this being on the EXTREMELY CHEAP side you have to pay back into it ... You wonder why places shut down or can't afford to stay open. /rant

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
The problem with Mt Snow fee's is the mountain invests zero dollars into trail maintenance, and for a course they tape off a ski trail with waist high grass and no prep. Nope not even weed wacked.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
Is it still $10 per day?? That is what it used to be, or you could get a weekend parking pass for $20. If it is $10 for the weekend it sucks but not as bad as it was in years past.

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
10 bucks no big deal, only thing is if you are riding for 3 days they get 30 bucks from you. that adds up if you do dh,ds, and super d + 30 dollars to park.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
The problem with Mt Snow fee's is the mountain invests zero dollars into trail maintenance, and for a course they tape off a ski trail with waist high grass and no prep. Nope not even weed wacked.

Thats the problem. Every year (I'm not sure about this year) they say the parking fees go towards trail maintenance, and its so obvious thats not the case.

I talked to a buddy at the race today, and he said DH attendance was scary low.